• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Hoey - Court of Appeal legal fees GoFundMe contributions have now been refunded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Two tax experts Keith Gordon and Matt Hall on Twitter are rather optimistic that HMRC are now in a far more difficult position for the pre DR (Dec 2010) claims.

    This certainly was a fight well worth fighting for, a great deal has been achieved despite some pessimists amongst us.

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by luxCon View Post
      Two tax experts Keith Gordon and Matt Hall on Twitter are rather optimistic that HMRC are now in a far more difficult position for the pre DR (Dec 2010) claims.

      This certainly was a fight well worth fighting for, a great deal has been achieved despite some pessimists amongst us.
      If you are talking about me - my pessimism was regarding the fact I suspected this would be the end of it and that no appeal would be possible nor required

      and it looks like I was right
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by eek View Post

        If you are talking about me - .....
        No. I wasn't even thinking about you

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by luxCon View Post

          No. I wasn't even thinking about you
          Eek will be saying it was WTT wot wun it next. He was slating everything Hoey not so long ago.

          Comment


            #15
            Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post

            Eek will be saying it was WTT wot wun it next. He was slating everything Hoey not so long ago.
            Keith Gordon is a tax barrister , This twitter thread is his assessment of the ruling

            https://twitter.com/keithmgordon/sta...42649014980610


            And this is Matt Hall's thread

            https://twitter.com/ArmadilloSupprt/...03614923407361

            My take is that HMRC is now pushed in to a more difficult position. I take that as a win anytime

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post

              Eek will be saying it was WTT wot wun it next. He was slating everything Hoey not so long ago.
              I’ve already commented on it and we both know WTT weren’t involved in this case.

              but WTT were useful on this forum and it’s a shame they’ve gone as we don’t have people answering issues any more
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post

                Eek will be saying it was WTT wot wun it next. He was slating everything Hoey not so long ago.
                Except he wasn't. He was slating the behaviour of the Hoey supporters in trying to drum up cash for an appeal.

                (said as someone who has supported the Hoey case, and who did think that WTT members would have been better joining forces/contributing).

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by GoneSurfing View Post

                  Except he wasn't. He was slating the behaviour of the Hoey supporters in trying to drum up cash for an appeal.

                  (said as someone who has supported the Hoey case, and who did think that WTT members would have been better joining forces/contributing).

                  Given that the money has been refunded and we now have the judgement - why isn't there an appeal to get the money an appeal needs?

                  Could it be that I was right and that it wasn't going to be required?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

                  Comment


                    #19
                    Originally posted by eek View Post


                    Given that the money has been refunded and we now have the judgement - why isn't there an appeal to get the money an appeal needs?

                    Could it be that I was right and that it wasn't going to be required?

                    You expect HMRC to see sense and not attempt to collect from Hoey (if they don't find a way to appeal the UTT decision)?

                    I find that hard to believe given their track record of pigheadedness and carefree burning of taxpayer money.

                    Comment


                      #20
                      Originally posted by GoneSurfing View Post

                      Except he wasn't. He was slating the behaviour of the Hoey supporters in trying to drum up cash for an appeal.

                      (said as someone who has supported the Hoey case, and who did think that WTT members would have been better joining forces/contributing).

                      You seem mis-informed.

                      (said as someone who has supported the Hoey case and is a WTT member).
                      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X