• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan scheme and sc clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan scheme and sc clearance

Afternoon all,

I got caught up with the the loan scheme debacle a few years ago and settled just so I could put this all behind me. I was approached recently about a role working for a consultancy on a Government project (which will require SC clearance). Any ideas if the a loan charge enquiry could potentially impact me being approved for SC clearance ?. Any would I need to declare this?.

Cheers
    Phil

We keep saying the same answers to all such questions.... perhaps we need a sticky...

a) we don't - in fact can't - know.

b) fill in the forms and see what happens.

c) we also don't know what criteria the people doing the assessment will be using..

d) if in doubt, tell them. Use a separarte piece of papaer if there's nowhere obvious on the forms.

However I think it unlikely to be an issue since you have repaid everything, but you can never be certain.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Great - Thanks for the reply... it would also be good to hear from anyone who has been through this recently and if they faced any issues during the process.

Comment

Not a problem, worked on two separate Central Govt Contracts and told truth on application . Got and have SC clearance Got and have DV clearance.. no worries

Comment

great.. that's good to know

Comment

Working...
          X