• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New settlement terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

But again - to settle completely you need to have the loan settled as well.

Which means you need to sort out both the tax and the loan in parallel which would suggest (were it me) finding someone who can help. And if you don't like WTT try ETC or Gilbert Tax - but I suspect you need someone to fix this.
    Exactly. A bunch of unqualified strangers here can't do that.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Yep I agree. This is merely an opinion finding exercise and a point in the right direction. I deem a silly rate being anything I already knew or action I would have taken myself. You could argue I'm paying for the experience and know how of said professional however this is all new ground and I haven't seen any victories posted around here. As a professional myself I don't buy into the crap of 'professional job, professional rate' schpeel there's too many companies out there providing sub standard 'professional' work but thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Laith View Post
        Yep I agree. This is merely an opinion finding exercise and a point in the right direction. I deem a silly rate being anything I already knew or action I would have taken myself. You could argue I'm paying for the experience and know how of said professional however this is all new ground and I haven't seen any victories posted around here. As a professional myself I don't buy into the crap of 'professional job, professional rate' schpeel there's too many companies out there providing sub standard 'professional' work but thank you.
        Strange way to think if you are a professional... don't you want a professional rate yourself? Really odd way to look at things.

A victory in what sense, a sense of beating the provider/HMRC or one's own piece of mind. Again what do you deem a victory?

Anyway as you say you wanted opinions the majority have been for you to get expert help, so we'll leave the rest up to you?

Comment

Working...
        X