• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone NOT settling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I won't be able to settle because the incompetents have yet to come back with a repayment plan.

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post
      Looks like I won't be able to settle because the incompetents have yet to come back with a repayment plan.
      They've had 10 working days WTF aren't you ringing them at 9am every morning to find out what is happening.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's YOUR obligation to send HMRC an offer (payment plan or otherwise) and the is NO OBLIGATION on HMRC to propose a plan to you.

Failing to make that plan available to HMRC for consideration could lose you a settlement.

Your choice.

If you want to settle on present terms, as the man said, I'd be calling them every day (which I am).
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          It's YOUR obligation to send HMRC an offer (payment plan or otherwise) and the is NO OBLIGATION on HMRC to propose a plan to you.

Failing to make that plan available to HMRC for consideration could lose you a settlement.

Your choice.

If you want to settle on present terms, as the man said, I'd be calling them every day (which I am).
          So what was the point of me filling in the financial questionnaire that they sent to me?

I don't see anywhere where is says "give us a call and make us an offer"

Why did they say "How much can you afford to pay"?

Instead of sending a 10 page questionnaire which took them 2 months to send why not drop me an email and ask me to give them a number?

Comment

So what was the point of me filling in the financial questionnaire that they sent to me?

I don't see anywhere where is says "give us a call and make us an offer"

Why did they say "How much can you afford to pay"?

Instead of sending a 10 page questionnaire which took them 2 months to send why not drop me an email and ask me to give them a number?
            Because if you read all the way to the bottom of the page it says (in so many words) that any offer will be rejected if it exceeds the disposal income (income less expenses) or is a very high proportion of that disposable figure.

Further the financial information is provided so that HMRC can see what funds are available. Just as they will not allow instalments to exceed monthly disposable, they will expect liquid funds to be utilised toward payment.

This is a well trodden path with extensive guidelines and perversely an area in which HMRC is knowledgeable and usually pretty accurate. Being in wilful denial of the legal obligations, process, parameters and choosing not to access HMRC's views is not sensible if your intention is to settle.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
            X