• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan declaration 2018/19 tax return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan declaration 2018/19 tax return

The LC section of the 2018/19 tax return states:
    'Within this return you must include amounts for all sources of disguised remuneration income where tax has not already been paid under a settlement with HMRC.

You may have multiple sources of disguised remuneration income so must consider and answer all of the questions below. Based on your answers you will be advised on sections that you must complete.'

I am in the process of settling tax year 2011/12 onwards, so do not have to enter any figures for those, however I used schemes in prior years also and was planning to only enter the loan amounts received from 10-DEC-2010 to 5-APR-2011, as this is the period covered by the LC that I have not settled. Would I be making a false declaration for not entering loans amounts received in 2009/10 and 2010/11 up to 09-DEC-20 ?

I'd be interested to know the answer to this question myself? Do we need to declare loans pre-December 2010 on our self-assessments?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon100 View Post
      I'd be interested to know the answer to this question myself? Do we need to declare loans pre-December 2010 on our self-assessments?
      i will post this from another thread...

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Be very clear.

It is for YOU to ensure that YOU have sent HMRC accurate information which includes ALL years and values.

Information from sources that are not YOU but which you think HMRC is in possession of, it NOT meeting YOUR obligations.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Apologies if this is obvious to everyone else, but are you saying that we do need to declare loans pre-December 2010 on our SA by September the 30th?

This would seem to contradict the statement 'the loan charge will apply only to outstanding loans made on, or after, 9 December 2010' taken from the gov.uk 'Disguised remuneration: guidance following the outcome of the independent loan charge review' webpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon100 View Post
          Apologies if this is obvious to everyone else, but are you saying that we do need to declare loans pre-December 2010 on our SA by September the 30th?

This would seem to contradict the statement 'the loan charge will apply only to outstanding loans made on, or after, 9 December 2010' taken from the gov.uk 'Disguised remuneration: guidance following the outcome of the independent loan charge review' webpage.
          Go and find an expert - the problem is they are all incredibly busy due to people leaving things to the last possible second.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The post quoted from another thread is slightly out of context.

Loans made pre 9th December 2010 do NOT need to be disclosed.

The poster is correct in that despite the disclosure date having been known for a long time, leaving this matter so late has put us - and no doubt other advisers - under some time pressures.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Answered by professional
              Last edited by dammit chloe; 7 September 2020, 11:41. Reason: Answered by professional

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                The post quoted from another thread is slightly out of context.

Loans made pre 9th December 2010 do NOT need to be disclosed.

The poster is correct in that despite the disclosure date having been known for a long time, leaving this matter so late has put us - and no doubt other advisers - under some time pressures.
                Thanks for the reply Webberg, I have sought legal advise that agrees with your statement.

Comment

When I amended my return to enter figures to cover 10-DEC-10 to 5-APR-11 (on Friday 4-SEP-20) , there was a statement that figures for all loans from 1999 onwards should be entered, I entered the figures for 10-DEC-10 to 5-APR-11 and then returned to the same form, the statement regarding 1999 onwards was no longer visible and the statement I mentioned earlier replaced it, hence why I raised the question.
                  Perhaps the original statement was the pre Morse review version and is only visible when initially amended the 2018-19 return.

Comment

Working...
                  X