• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulhoylake1976 View Post
    My Action plan:

1. Don't ignore it.
    2. Don't dispute it.
    3. Contract ETCtax for assistance.
    4. Report Gladstones to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
    I like many others have received my second letter from Gladstones and now we have a different amount for a different loan.

They have also broken FCA rules by contacting me while in debt dispute which I am very pleased about. My second debt dispute letter now goes to them with the caveat they have broken FCA rules and FCA have been informed.

I do think you should dispute it as they quote FCA guidelines and they have now broken them.

How's everyone else now?

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
      That would be Webberg and Matt Wills - if they are 'wrong-uns' then they disguise it well.
      Lol, to be clear - I am not on this forum to generate money. I work in digital marketing not tax / legal sectors. Just looking to share and receive support and advice so we can fight these ridiculous claims / companies!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Just a thought, these abulance chasing companies. I had thought there were rules and codes of practice, if not actual legislation preventing professional services firms intimidating or making veiled threats to people? If the firm of lawyers gets more agressive and repeatedly writes increasingly scary letters, it has to be a case for investigation by the law society in the UK? You can't just keep hounding folks these days with unsubstatiated claims of debt resulting from alleged loans? Can you?
        I wrote to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) on this basis - suggest we all do... Along with issuing Felicitas with a subject access request so you can at least understand what personal information they hold about you...

Comment

Originally posted by MattWills78 View Post
          Lol, to be clear - I am not on this forum to generate money. I work in digital marketing not tax / legal sectors. Just looking to share and receive support and advice so we can fight these ridiculous claims / companies!
          Just to be clear MattWills, at no time have I thought you were using this platform to generate money and appreciated the advice you shared when this first came to light.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
            I like many others have received my second letter from Gladstones and now we have a different amount for a different loan.

They have also broken FCA rules by contacting me while in debt dispute which I am very pleased about. My second debt dispute letter now goes to them with the caveat they have broken FCA rules and FCA have been informed.

I do think you should dispute it as they quote FCA guidelines and they have now broken them.

How's everyone else now?
            It is clear from post on Google these solicitors are the lowest of the low. How they are still operating is hard to believe. Why would anyone trying to recover such vast amounts (without justification)
            Everyone sit tight and don't crack.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 23:11.

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post

How's everyone else now?
              I don't think they have technically broken anything so far as it's the first letter for a second (different) loan which you need to dispute.

Now were Gladstone to send a followup letter for the first loan that would be a different matter but they haven't done that yet.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I don't think they have technically broken anything so far as it's the first letter for a second (different) loan which you need to dispute.

Now were Gladstone to send a followup letter for the first loan that would be a different matter but they haven't done that yet.
                Well yes that is true however the amount they are asking for does apply to one of the loan amounts in the first letter.

Comment

Felicitas Demands

Good day all.
                  I have received a few private requests for help and would like to make it clear that whilst I will try and give as much information on my personnel circumstances, cannot and will not divulge any private information such as phone number, address or e mail account,
                  That being said here is my situation,
                  I used Darwin for and 11 month period from May 2010 until March 2011.
                  In October 2013 I received a letter from HMRC stating that I had used a tax avoidance scheme with Darwin Pay and they issued me a very hefty tax demand. I actually called a number in the Isle of Man which I googled as all previous numbers on my contacts were dead. A lady on the other end informed me that Darwin had ceased trading but there directors were now tax advisors and for a sum could help me(poachers turned gamekeepers)
                  I settled with HMRC as Darwin had in fact been dissolved in September 2013 so probably gave my information to HMRC as a final parting gift????
                  All was well until THL contacted me in February 13th 2019 chasing the loan and they eventually folded and gave up.
                  Exactly a year later to the day this other scum Felictas have come to me for exactly the same amount to the penny.
                  My actions to date
                  1.Asked them for a copy of my loan agreement as cannot even remember signing one.(no reply as yet)
                  2 Requested a confirmation that all loans were supplied directly to me from Darwin and not my Agent at the time for services supplied(no reply as yet)
                  3.Complained to HMRC,MP,Financial Ombudsman both in UK and Isle Of Man.
                  4.My bank has supplied every payment from Darwin and that along with the P11d for that period allowed me to calculate total amount and what they deemed as loans which bears no resemblance to the amount that Felicitas and THL have claimed.
                  5.Contacted National Debt Line Freephone 08088084000 who quoted Limitation Act of 1980 when the law deemed certain debts and loans excluding mortgages time barred to 6 years and as my last Darwin disguised remuneration payment as I refuse to call it a loan,was March 2011(nearly 9 years)I believe these sewer rats have run out of time.
                  I am however in a position to if necessary take this all the way to court as my agent at the time has confirmed that
                  the payments were made by them as my salary for services.
                  I hope this helps but please no more private messages

Comment

You can turn PMs off in your Control Panel > General Settings, Zander.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Need help,advice guidance how to deal with this!!!

Originally posted by Zander View Post
                      Good day all.
                      I have received a few private requests for help and would like to make it clear that whilst I will try and give as much information on my personnel circumstances, cannot and will not divulge any private information such as phone number, address or e mail account,
                      That being said here is my situation,
                      I used Darwin for and 11 month period from May 2010 until March 2011.
                      In October 2013 I received a letter from HMRC stating that I had used a tax avoidance scheme with Darwin Pay and they issued me a very hefty tax demand. I actually called a number in the Isle of Man which I googled as all previous numbers on my contacts were dead. A lady on the other end informed me that Darwin had ceased trading but there directors were now tax advisors and for a sum could help me(poachers turned gamekeepers)
                      I settled with HMRC as Darwin had in fact been dissolved in September 2013 so probably gave my information to HMRC as a final parting gift????
                      All was well until THL contacted me in February 13th 2019 chasing the loan and they eventually folded and gave up.
                      Exactly a year later to the day this other scum Felictas have come to me for exactly the same amount to the penny.
                      My actions to date
                      1.Asked them for a copy of my loan agreement as cannot even remember signing one.(no reply as yet)
                      2 Requested a confirmation that all loans were supplied directly to me from Darwin and not my Agent at the time for services supplied(no reply as yet)
                      3.Complained to HMRC,MP,Financial Ombudsman both in UK and Isle Of Man.
                      4.My bank has supplied every payment from Darwin and that along with the P11d for that period allowed me to calculate total amount and what they deemed as loans which bears no resemblance to the amount that Felicitas and THL have claimed.
                      5.Contacted National Debt Line Freephone 08088084000 who quoted Limitation Act of 1980 when the law deemed certain debts and loans excluding mortgages time barred to 6 years and as my last Darwin disguised remuneration payment as I refuse to call it a loan,was March 2011(nearly 9 years)I believe these sewer rats have run out of time.
                      I am however in a position to if necessary take this all the way to court as my agent at the time has confirmed that
                      the payments were made by them as my salary for services.
                      I hope this helps but please no more private messages
                      Thanks for this very helpful I have an telephone appt with WTT next week, have also emailed ETCTAX to chat further I cannot find my loan agreement with IQ. Just wanted to know if anyone can answer, my accountant said if you have settled with HMRC as disguises remuneration then it does not become a loan is that correct? Also these so called loans are not secured right? They cannot take your assets off you like your roof over your head? Apologies if these questions seem silly but I don’t know much about this field just panicking right now. Thanks T

Comment

Working...
                      X