• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfume Called Desperado by Sacco

Originally posted by Nanas1 View Post
    I received the same email this morning in the early hours. My Schemes were with IQ and Garraway. I was gonna counter with a cheeky 1% offer. But seeing the responses, I'll just ignore it

I wouldn't give them a penny.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 23:48.

Comment

Smells of desperation

Originally posted by Wtaf View Post
      Yes, this was the same approach they tried on me. Interesting that some Darwin people get the 'write off' email as others get this. How utterly pathetic. This must be the last gasp approach from them.
      Hopefully the counter avoidance team and most authorities have some correspondence now from Sacco and his ethical ways. Surely one day the authorities catch up with him

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        Small yes, but not insignificant!!!

We could have done with you here a few weeks ago to counteract some of the scaremongering going on.
        Hopefully tax authorities in different countries still exchange notes.

Comment

Sanzar partnership debt written off

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
          Anyone had an email from Felicitas saying the debt has been written off?

This applies to the Sanzar Solution....not sure about Darwin
          I received this loan written off letter also appears to be individuals with so called loans < than 100k...
          I have replied to the scammers and demanded them to destroy all my personal data and additionally provide a written statement regarding this loan write off ... which I will provide and forward to hmrc ... As for all we know they may just be sending on our information to the next cowboy to chase and threaten us ..
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Golddustz1 View Post
            I received this loan written off letter also appears to be individuals with so called loans < than 100k...
            I have replied to the scammers and demanded them to destroy all my personal data and additionally provide a written statement regarding this loan write off ... which I will provide and forward to hmrc ... As for all we know they may just be sending on our information to the next cowboy to chase and threaten us ..
            cheers
            Yes looks like an attempt to round up people and verify they actually exist. If you reply asking for the confirmation letter then they could change their mind and ask you for the full amount. Call me cynical if you want but if I was this SCUM it would be a great way to test who’s email was active or not. REMEMBER these emails may as well have come from a Nigerian government officer offering to give you £1 million but only if you give them a low down payment of £5000. Treat this email as a SCAM and I am sure HMRC/Police would advise the same!

Comment

dispute letter

Originally posted by MattWills78 View Post
              Hi TP.

I spoke to Michal Perry (a really helpful accountant with significant experience in these matters) this morning, in his view:

- dispute or ignore it
              - Felicitas have bought bad debt and are now employing Gladstones (Ambulance Chasers) to scare people into paying
              - unlikely to go to court and, if it did, they are highly unlikely to be successful as they would have to prove it was a loan
              - HMRC have already proven it’s income (disguised remuneration, not a loan) according to UK Law so have taken payment for the owed tax value as income tax
              - may still potentially be a future issue with HMRC for inheritance tax (if you were in an EBT scheme) but no action required on that unless HMRC contact you about it - in which case he is arranging a group response so cost to contest would be minimal.

I also just spoke to Freeths who are fantastic. They echoed the points above and suggested I just dispute it. They do not believe they have a legal basis on which to claim payment of interest or capital given I can evidence the company that paid me the income (IQ Contracts LTD / disguised remuneration) have in fact already received the funds from the company I contracted for in return for the work I delivered - so they are not out of pocket and have done nothing that would suggest I have a debt to them.

They advised just to respond disputing it and stating why you believe no debt is owed.

Additionally even if it were a legitimate debt, by law Gladstone’s should be giving individuals more than 7 days to make the payment - on that basis (and for how they are acting / operating in general) I am reporting them to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.

I am also reporting Gladstone’s & Felicitas to the Financial Conduct Authority and to the Serious Fraud Office - suggest your guys do the same.

Anyone else had legal advise on the situation yet?

Best,

Matt
              Hi Matt, are you able to share your dispute letter, many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by uppoocreek View Post
                Yes looks like an attempt to round up people and verify they actually exist. If you reply asking for the confirmation letter then they could change their mind and ask you for the full amount. Call me cynical if you want but if I was this SCUM it would be a great way to test who’s email was active or not. REMEMBER these emails may as well have come from a Nigerian government officer offering to give you £1 million but only if you give them a low down payment of £5000. Treat this email as a SCAM and I am sure HMRC/Police would advise the same!
                It could be a ruse to get people to respond. I received a letter months ago saying that the debts had been transferred etc. I've filed it for future reference, but done nothing. Not responded at all. Then I received this email:

Date: May 2020
                Dear Mrs xxxxxxxxx
                FELICITAS ARE WRITING OFF YOUR SANZAR SOLUTIONS DEBT
                We are writing to you to inform you that we have decided to write off your Sanzar Solutions debt to us.

Your total Sanzar Solutions debt was (as per your last loan statement) £xxxxxx

If you require a Debt Settlement Agreement from us that reflects this position, then please email us on [email protected] and we will prepare a written statement for you.
                You no longer have any outstanding debts with Felicitas Solutions Limited.
                We will be producing an updated End of Account statement in the 31 May 2020 statement.The Client Gateway will be open for another 30 days after that date so that you can continue to see your statements.
                Your access to the Client Gateway will cease on 01 July 2020 whereupon the data will be archived.
                Please login into our Client Gateway using the link below:
                <link removed>
                Yours sincerely,
                Felicitas Solutions Limited
                0333 311 0139
                [email protected]

I am going to file this email in my Sanzar folder along with all my other correspondence from them and ignore it. This is good enough for me to say it's all been written off.
                Last edited by Smudge67er; 4 May 2020, 16:08.

Comment

Also had the felicitas Sanzar write off email.

I'm not sure if I should feel relieved or not, by keeping the portal open they are essentially inviting people to look who may not have before confirming people accept some level of responsibility to it.

I'm not clicking the link that's for sure. Will be interesting to see what people who have much better knowledge than me to see them.

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by kk2010 View Post
                    Hi Matt, are you able to share your dispute letter, many thanks
                    If Matt cannot share there is a company called ETC Tax who helped me on a pro bono basis.

Andy Wood has been a godsend.

Comment

Debt written off email - any from IQ?

So far I've seen Darwin and Sanzar, any from IQ yet? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X