• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Nothing to do with that site - it just means the credentials you're using have been found on a list of credentials have have knowingly been made public. Best change those credentials across any/all sites where you use them.

I am getting a popup message saying that "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password. - Google Chrome Community
    Thanks Paralytic - I appreciate your swift response. Looks like its at least something else not to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbeagle View Post
      Thanks Paralytic - I appreciate your swift response. Looks like its at least something else not to worry about.
      Even if you want to find out what information they hold I would advise against using a non secure link such as http.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
        You entered into a service whereby you allowed your pay to be directed into a trust (you are now a member of). The trust then loaned your own cash back to you, minus tax and their cut.
        Nothing illegal about that construct.
        'Our trust fund is a company owned and managed trust, the contractors do not become Directors or Trustees on the trust so there is no on-going liability for them when the cease operating through Darwin[/B]. Our trust is managed by Baker Tilly and they are the Directors of the trust. Baker Tilly are one of the top 10 accounting practices in the country and they would not engage with a company that was non-compliant'

Comment

Originally posted by shampoo View Post
          'Our trust fund is a company owned and managed trust, the contractors do not become Directors or Trustees on the trust so there is no on-going liability for them when the cease operating through Darwin[/B]. Our trust is managed by Baker Tilly and they are the Directors of the trust. Baker Tilly are one of the top 10 accounting practices in the country and they would not engage with a company that was non-compliant'
          OK, so as Baker Tilly are directors of the trust, and as such should know where all funds invested into the trust are, perhaps when a contractor that paid into the trust asks for their investment back, that would be for Baker Tilly to address/resolve, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieK View Post
            OK, so as Baker Tilly are directors of the trust, and as such should know where all funds invested into the trust are, perhaps when a contractor that paid into the trust asks for their investment back, that would be for Baker Tilly to address/resolve, is that correct?
            What I posted is a quote from a document sent to me by a then Darwin employee from a Darwin corporate email address with a Darwin corporate email signature ... If BT were the trustees then they will be able to provide the back story as to what happened to the trust once it was no longer being used.

What I find intersting is; 'the contractors do not become Directors or Trustees on the trust so there is no on-going liability for them when they cease operating through Darwin'

Comment

What I posted is a quote from a document sent to me by a then Darwin employee from a Darwin corporate email address with a Darwin corporate email signature ... If BT were the trustees then they will be able to provide the back story as to what happened to the trust once it was no longer being used.

What I find intersting is; 'the contractors do not become Directors or Trustees on the trust so there is no on-going liability for them when they cease operating through Darwin'
              Have a read of this thread Shampers you may find it helpful https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...d-summary.html

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieK View Post
                That may be a fair point, they should know where the funds are and why was nobody consulted before doing anything or selling the lot on. Not that I know anything about that lot but surely a reasonable request

Comment

Originally posted by why View Post
                  That may be a fair point, they should know where the funds are and why was nobody consulted before doing anything or selling the lot on. Not that I know anything about that lot but surely a reasonable request
                  I can also confirm I have an email from Darwin of the T&C's of their contract at the time and there is not a single mention of the word loan anywhere in it.

Comment

You have to ask why a company that alleges they own a loan book would only ask for a small % of it back?

Some people on this thread and other threads have disclosed £10k's of thousands and others £100K's in discretionary payments ... If there was a genuine claim for repayment then why ask for ~10 - 20% of the total?

Comment

You have to ask why a company that alleges they own a loan book would only ask for a small % of it back?

Some people on this thread and other threads have disclosed £10k's of thousands and others £100K's in discretionary payments ... If there was a genuine claim for repayment then why ask for ~10 - 20% of the total?
                      They're being generous out of the goodness of their hearts.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X