• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnnoyedSouth View Post
    Therefore has anyone genuine paid THL this 5% and received their deeds back? And have they had these deeds reviewed as being legally enforceable?
    I'm reluctant to sign any paperwork, pay money and then never see any deeds.
    I've paid but so far not received signed deeds back. Apparently they are 'with the trustees for signature'. Not sure why that should take more than 10 minutes tbh but there we are.

Comment

Trust Help Line

Originally posted by Dozy Bastard View Post
      I've paid but so far not received signed deeds back. Apparently they are 'with the trustees for signature'. Not sure why that should take more than 10 minutes tbh but there we are.
      Hi, had the same question as AnnoyedSouth and have settled with HMRC.

It would be good for all on this forum if you actually get confirmation of the deeds for this and see if they or anyone can come back to haunt us.
      Wandering how long it takes to get the deed from when you submitted. Also how legit the deed is.

Comment

Confusion on who trustee is

according to TLH my trustee is ECS International Trustees (IOM) Ltd. (searched website - can’t find)

My contract and deed of settlement with IQ makes no reference to this trust. It states lender (now dissolved) is the sole trustee.

Really confused ?*♀️

Comment

Originally posted by Dozy Bastard View Post
          Why are you even posting on this forum if you are ignoring all the advice given in it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1234 View Post
            Hi All,

Has anyone had a letter from a company called Trust Help Line details in regards to the contractor loan charge 2019. (Trying to help a mate out hoping for advice on this forum for them)

Helpline Services Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 11097772. Registered office: Suite 319-3, 1 Royal Exchange Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 3LT.​
            [email protected]

The letter is as follows:

Your trustees have asked us to write to you with regards to their decision yesterday to change the presently favourable repayment terms from 95% written off to only 90% written off, for deeds drawn up after 1st March 2019. This will increase the repayment required from 5% to 10%.

you will recall from our correspondence over the last year, you have outstanding loans in connection with providing your services through a contractor loans scheme. Following Parliament's decision to introduce the 2019 Loan Charge, the trustees have offered to release you from the loans. We have previously written to you with the trustees' offer of favourable terms. Getting your loans released may be helpful in your negotiations with HMRC. It also means that you can be certain you will never be charged interest, nor have repayment demanded in future.

The trustees present offer is to write off 95% of the loan balance in exchange for a 5% repayment. There is also a £250 administration fee per trust. The offer has been extremely popular, with most of those receiving the formal offer documents accepting the terms. As a consequence, fewer trust beneficiaries remain to fund the ongoing costs of the operation. You are amongst this group. This has led the trustees to decrease the written off amount from 95% of the loans to 90%, with effect from 1st March 2019. This increases the amount that must be repaid from 5% of the outstanding balance to 10%.

To benefit from the present favourable terms, so that you only need to repay 5% of the outstanding balance, please log into our portal now. You'll need to confirm your identity to us before we can share further personal financial information with you. Once you've done this, please indicate that you wish to obtain a deed of release. The deed is the legal evidence that your loans have been released and you have no further obligation to the trust. Further instructions will be provided at this point. You will need to obtain your draft deeds for signature on or before 1st March 2019 if you want to benefit from the present terms.

————————————————� �—————————————

I find this a bit dodgy as if you are already looking to settle with HMRC why would you pay the these guys again when you already paying the owed amount to HMRC. I did ask the whether the trustee still exist response Was that they don’t give out phones numbers and Sanzar Solutions Isle of Man Trust, and the trustees are professional independent trustees ltd, registered in Isle of Man.

II FIND IT HARD THAT THE TRUSTEES STILL EXIST SURELY THEY ARE DEFUNCT AS I CANT FIND NO INFO ON THEM

————————————————� �—————————————-

Question if you looking to settle with HMRC can these sanzar trustee still come after you for money which was yours in the first place and can we ignore communication from this trust help line

Suggestion please!

Did a quick search on THL Registered Office address you quoted and it came up with a "vrtual office", whatever that is:

Virtual Office Services, Royal Exchange

I'm not sure that it is actually a real office.

Comment

Originally posted by 1234 View Post
              Question if you looking to settle with HMRC can these sanzar trustee still come after you for money which was yours in the first place and can we ignore communication from this trust help line

Suggestion please!

Ignore the communication. It would well with MP. Those who responded were not so lucky.

Or get asking until you get the suggestion you want.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Ignore the communication. It would well with MP. Those who responded were not so lucky.

Or get asking until you get the suggestion you want.
                Exactly - the way I see it (no expert) is that if you settle with HMRC then you basically are telling them that yes, these are income and not loans....if the f***wits at TLH or whatever they are called decide to bring back the loans then the arguement I will say is "well, HMRC see these as income and not loans hence I have settled with HMRC on that front (ie, I agree with HMRC in their assessment) - if YOU (f**kers) decide these were loans then YOU need to prove that was the case and argue against HMRC on that front as I will not be taxed twice for this s***"........

Comment

Originally posted by lara400 View Post
                  Exactly - the way I see it (no expert) is that if you settle with HMRC then you basically are telling them that yes, these are income and not loans....if the f***wits at TLH or whatever they are called decide to bring back the loans then the arguement I will say is "well, HMRC see these as income and not loans hence I have settled with HMRC on that front (ie, I agree with HMRC in their assessment) - if YOU (f**kers) decide these were loans then YOU need to prove that was the case and argue against HMRC on that front as I will not be taxed twice for this s***"........
                  You signed a loan agreement, it's a loan.

The question is how enforceable is a loan from an offshore 'tax avoidance' trust that has since been declared as income.

I don't know the answer. I check here daily hoping a laywer will have some input.

Comment

THL Email and Garraway

Well ...seems like in a day the trustees have had a change of heart ... i have just received this email ..

Through our portal, you told us that you need to buy deeds of release and exclusion. We sent you details of how to obtain them. But your trustees have told us they didn't hear from DOR Resolutions with your request for the deeds.

We've discovered that quite a number of people assumed that we'd automatically tell DOR that they needed deeds. We apologise if this applies to you. In case it does, the trustees have now asked DOR to draft your deeds and to send them to you. You're not under any obligation to sign them or to pay any money for them unless you decide to proceed.

The trustees have done this partly because they're changing the terms of the offer after 1st March. Deeds drafted after that date will only write off 90% of the debt whereas the present offer is to write off 95%. The trustees want to make sure you're not unfairly disadvantaged. Getting your deeds drawn up now means that you'll still benefit from the preferable terms. The offer will remain open until 15th March 2019.

Best wishes
                    Trust Help Line

Will keep you all posted on progress.

Comment

FAQ

I'm going to try to answer some of the above points, roughly in the order they were raised.

Do I need a Deed of Release to satisfy HMRC?

No you do not. In the event you have settled, HMRC will take your word for it that a loan has been written off if that is what you have done. As has been confirmed to a poster by HMRC, they do not need a piece of paper.

What is the 10 year anniversary charge?

Where money has been put into certain types of trust, every 10 years an inheritance tax charge applies at roughly 1% of the asset value, per year. In other words around 10%. Only applies to some trusts and even then a lot of argument to come before we will accept that it applies.

Is the write off plan popular?

I have no idea.

I will observe however that not every statement made by THL is 100% accurate and I think that might be said to damage their credibility for all statements.

Do the trustees of the schemes exist?

Yes. In this case, they have appointed THL to "adminsiter" the loans etc, but the trustees exist. They are wholly owned subsidiaries of Baker Tilly in Douglas IOM. Search the IOM registry and they can be found.

If I settle are the loans still outstanding?

Yes. Settlement is tax only, not the loans.

Can I resist repaying the loans if asked?

Yes. It will depend to a large degree on what the loan agreements say, the relationship of trust and beneficiary and the conduct of the contracted parties.

However, resistance is possible, but success (i.e. not repaying the loan) cannot be guaranteed.

In the event the loan is repaid, the trust has cash. The beneficiaries of the trust are probably entitled to that cash. There is a whole new tax analysis in that.

If HMRC has taxed the amount as income, surely they cannot also be loans?

Yes, they can.

HMRC makes decisions on how money is taxed. They are not entitled and do not make decisions as to the legal owners of money.

Is the poster known as "Dozy b*****d" a THL mole?

I have no idea.

I know that a referral to the mods usually results in them undertaking some due diligence and coming to a decision that they explain.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X