• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schemes like Vanquish which claim to bypass the Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finalwhistle View Post
    Of course people not directly affected by the LC will not sign this, in addition they will have very little sympathy.. and who could argue with them. As on the face of it they will be thinking “well I paid my taxes, why shouldn’t you”.

Surely there must be 10,000 people registering for CLSO... how many you got in BG webberg??
    I can understand why alot of people have very little sympathy. Yet the chairman of the FCA used one of these schemes - not that it makes it better it just shows how stupid people can be.

These schemes are wrong - I would like to see the blame shared with promoters, advisers(including QCs) and HMRC (for not acting sooner to close these schemes - Loans seem to have been around since 1999).

A bit of focus on the non-dom tax schemes and large company tax schemes would not go amiss too.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyg View Post
      Sad reality is that some people will still be falling further into the Rabbit hole of AML and such scheming providers!
      Tried contacting AML yesterday....no answer

Comment

Anyone got any advice on using PTS Ltd. - affiliated to AML - to act on my behalf? ie: register me for CLSO, do the calcs and submit my returns? I was with them for 4 yrs. looking at circa £250k

Comment

Originally posted by joed View Post
          Anyone got any advice on using PTS Ltd. - affiliated to AML - to act on my behalf? ie: register me for CLSO, do the calcs and submit my returns? I was with them for 4 yrs. looking at circa £250k
          Have they told you how much they’ll charge you?

Originally posted by burnside View Post
          There is no may about it. This is what PTS sent me in relation to fees;

Engagement/Joining Fee - £250
          Preparation & Submission of Settlement documents to HMRC - £500
          15% on any saving achieved in the final settlement
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Have they told you how much they’ll charge you?
            PTS are part of Knox House Trust, who are AML. I have all the mails and letters saying how they will deal with all HMRC enquiries free of charge, as part of the 'arrangements'....etc etc. The PTS guy I spoke to said he had 'nothing to do' with AML. The AML girl I spoke to last week, had a PTS logo on her reply email a week later.....

What about WTT? Anyone know their charges or any other outfits that can navigate all through all this sh*t? Am not that keen on using ANY affiliates of the original collection of w*nks.

Comment

Below I received from WTT :

Just so you have a little more information prior to your call, please note that we offer a personal settlement service which will include the following services:

Seeking personal settlement terms with HMRC.
              Checking the calculations supplied.
              Calculating expected settlement liability.
              Explaining the settlement terms, certainties and uncertainties.
              Executing, if instructed, the settlement terms.
              Arrange for release of loans post settlement with HMRC.

The fee for this service is £1500 + VAT

We also manage WTT Big Group. Big Group is a group of ex and current contractors who were involved in schemes that HMRC deem to be tax avoidance and understand that they need to resolve their position with HMRC.

The aim of the group is to reach a negotiated settlement with HMRC on behalf of the group which is fair and reasonable for both parties. We have presented a number of options to HMRC to resolve the position and discussions in this matter continue. However, following the outcome of the Rangers case an argument exists to seek closure of outstanding enquiries on the basis that the employer is actually liable for the outstanding tax, not you as the employee. We consider that we are in the strongest position we have seen since 2014 and we believe we have a fully researched and qualified argument to reach the objective we set out at Big Group’s conception.

As a member of Big Group you will have access to a private forum where you can share experiences with other members and put questions to our advisers. You will be kept up to date with HMRC's current steps, receive regular newsletters updating you on where we are with our resolution strategy and will be part of any settlement that is agreed with HMRC.

The fee for joining Big Group and inclusion into our resolution strategy is £1800 + VAT which is payable in two instalments, £1300 + VAT will be due on engagement, the second payment of £500 + VAT will be due in April 2019. There is also a monthly subscription fee of £18 per month.

We look forward to speaking with you to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Client Services

WTT Consulting Limited

PTS are part of Knox House Trust, who are AML. I have all the mails and letters saying how they will deal with all HMRC enquiries free of charge, as part of the 'arrangements'....etc etc. The PTS guy I spoke to said he had 'nothing to do' with AML. The AML girl I spoke to last week, had a PTS logo on her reply email a week later.....

What about WTT? Anyone know their charges or any other outfits that can navigate all through all this sh*t? Am not that keen on using ANY affiliates of the original collection of w*nks.

Comment

WTT are totally independent. The other independent group recommended on here is DWS and in particular Phil who posts here.

You are right to be very skeptical. You have been misled.

You could get your own tax adviser but that might be very expensive.

Maybe best to approach both groups directly and see what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmin View Post

Just so you have a little more information prior to your call, please note that we offer a personal settlement service which will include the following services:

WTT Consulting Limited
                  Whilst you are trying to be helpful and we absolutely stand by the message we sent you, it would have been very much appreciated if you had sought permission to publish commercial information in a public forum, rather than not.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmin View Post

The fee for this service is £1500 + VAT

We also manage WTT Big Group. Big Group is a group of ex and current contractors who were involved in schemes that HMRC deem to be tax avoidance and understand that they need to resolve their position with HMRC.

The aim of the group is to reach a negotiated settlement with HMRC on behalf of the group which is fair and reasonable for both parties. We have presented a number of options to HMRC to resolve the position and discussions in this matter continue. However, following the outcome of the Rangers case an argument exists to seek closure of outstanding enquiries on the basis that the employer is actually liable for the outstanding tax, not you as the employee. We consider that we are in the strongest position we have seen since 2014 and we believe we have a fully researched and qualified argument to reach the objective we set out at Big Group’s conception.

As a member of Big Group you will have access to a private forum where you can share experiences with other members and put questions to our advisers. You will be kept up to date with HMRC's current steps, receive regular newsletters updating you on where we are with our resolution strategy and will be part of any settlement that is agreed with HMRC.

The fee for joining Big Group and inclusion into our resolution strategy is £1800 + VAT which is payable in two instalments, £1300 + VAT will be due on engagement, the second payment of £500 + VAT will be due in April 2019. There is also a monthly subscription fee of £18 per month.

We look forward to speaking with you to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Client Services

WTT Consulting Limited

Wow, that's a lot of money. Especially for no guarantees. You get the feeling the vultures are out there circling the already battered, beaten and vulnerable.....I can imagine the sales pitch....I'm thinking salesmen...snake oil...things like that at the moment.....hmmm. I'm also imagining 'oh well we gave it our best shot, pass the bubbles Giles..' I suppose it is all my fault after all tho....maybe yes, go on...do your best....doesn't much matter anyway.....just money innit?

Comment

WTT are not anything to do with AML/KHT/PTS/SPM/etc.

Wow, that's a lot of money. Especially for no guarantees. You get the feeling the vultures are out there circling the already battered, beaten and vulnerable.....I can imagine the sales pitch....I'm thinking salesmen...snake oil...things like that at the moment.....hmmm. I'm also imagining 'oh well we gave it our best shot, pass the bubbles Giles..' I suppose it is all my fault after all tho....maybe yes, go on...do your best....doesn't much matter anyway.....just money innit?

If you go to anyone to try to help you sort this out, they will put in a load of caveats, because without seeing the details of your accounts, they don't know exactly what position you are in.

Referring to people who have been working to try to sort this mess out for several years as "vultures" etc is not a good way to endear yourself to people who have an understanding of the mess you are in and of legal, tax-abiding options to get you out of that mess.

If you're just going to slag them off, then you'd better sit back and wait for the loan charge. In the mean time, those that need tax advisors who are UK based and who are prepared to help them through this would do well to look to companies that know what they are doing.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X