• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dharmin View Post
    Agree... so what you suggest , we should have a mass rally outside HMRC/parliament office , if so then count me in or pay WTT and let them fight on our behalf.
    1. Get involved in the twitter campaign.
    2. Join LCAG (you have the choice to contribute and become a full member, or join as a guest for free).
    3. Join Big Group (if you fell your personal circumstances fall into their strategy).
    4. Go and physically meet with your MP and make him/her aware of your plight.
    5. Don't take no for an answer to point 4, persistence is key and don't accept any template answers.
    6. See if your MP will sign the EDM (which currently has 59 signatures).
    7. Rally around colleagues / ex-colleagues who maybe caught up in this mess and get them on board.

What I urge nobody to do is to sit back and expect this to just go away and hope that others fighting will resolve it. We need numbers !! There is nothing worse than being in a position further down the line when it is too late, telling yourself 'I wish I'd done more'.
    You may just find fighting back quite cathartic and therapeutic.
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Has anyone managed to get their loan written off by AML once settled with HRMC?

I've been asking AML about this but am getting ignored.

Comment

expenses and action against AML

hi,

great to see how many replies on this forum and that it is active.

1) Has anyone managed to get any expenses back when they settled with HMRC?

2) excluding the BIG group is anyone looking to get the 18% back from AML?

Surely HMRC would want their taxes on this 18%?

AML have basically stolen money from us.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RickG View Post
          Without prying too much into all the secrecy, can I ask if there's any merit in delaying settlement, if there is any chance of this witch hunt being overturned?

My understanding is that once you have settled there is no comeback whatsoever, no matter what then happens.
          Same here.. lets hear from the professionals..

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
            1. Get involved in the twitter campaign.
            2. Join LCAG (you have the choice to contribute and become a full member, or join as a guest for free).
            3. Join Big Group (if you fell your personal circumstances fall into their strategy).
            4. Go and physically meet with your MP and make him/her aware of your plight.
            5. Don't take no for an answer to point 4, persistence is key and don't accept any template answers.
            6. See if your MP will sign the EDM (which currently has 59 signatures).
            7. Rally around colleagues / ex-colleagues who maybe caught up in this mess and get them on board.

What I urge nobody to do is to sit back and expect this to just go away and hope that others fighting will resolve it. We need numbers !! There is nothing worse than being in a position further down the line when it is too late, telling yourself 'I wish I'd done more'.
            You may just find fighting back quite cathartic and therapeutic.
            Thanks.,. I do read/post at #HMRCHumanCost on Twitter , also have emailed my MP Boris Johnson , already joined as a guest at LCAG.

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmin View Post
              Same here.. lets hear from the professionals..
              The only chance of having the legislation removed completely is if those with the ability and power do so are convinced that to carry on would be politically embarrassing, damaging to their re-election prospects or bad enough for the economy to leave no alternative.

I leave it to you as to whether you think your MP can be persuaded to vote to remove the rules.

More likely politically perhaps is some form of adjustment where all parties can walk away with a "win".

If you settle, that is it in terms of benefiting from future law changes or a victory in Court.

I can guarantee that unless YOU get involved and pitch your position to the MPs etc, nothing will be done. Do not think that you can hide on this one.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by esemi View Post

We were told that they would (Or would consider, need to find the email and double check) write off the loan after HMRC confirmed that all the tax was paid.

Comment

No Answer

Originally posted by esemi View Post

You will never hear back from AML.
                  They will simply direct you to a tax company who will charge you for settling with HMRC .
                  In addition they also provide you with the details of "Vanquish" who offer another scheme to write off your loans by using another loan.
                  Steer well clear of this.
                  Both these companies are based in Douglas.
                  Probably share the same offices as AML.

Comment

response from HMRC (Loan Charge)

Guys

Have received the below letter from HMRC:

Dear Mr X

Further to your email 29/5/2018, I acknowledge your notification of interest in settling. Perhaps you could phone me?

Can you advise whether you will be overseeing the settlement discussions or if not you, who

Before I am able to can communicate by email I need you to be aware of HMRC protocols. I am attaching a word document which details HMRC protocols for corresponding by email. Once you have had the opportunity to look at this, can you please respond as appropriate (provide authority as below if acceptable )
                    “If you don’t want to use email
                    You may prefer that we don’t respond to your enquiry by email, for example because other people have access to your email account. If so, we are happy to respond by an alternative method. We will agree this with you either by telephone, fax or in writing via post.
                    If you do want to use email
                    If you would like me to respond to your query by email, we will need you to confirm in writing by post, email or fax:
                    that you understand and accept the risks of using email
                    that you are content for financial information to be sent by email
                    that attachments can be used”

The HMRC settlement terms can be found here Disguised Remuneration Settlement Terms
                    HMRC will then provide a set of without prejudice computations for you to review detailing how your circumstances can be settled. In order to provide these we will need some further information from you. Please supply:

Confirmation of the dates and amounts paid into the trust scheme(s) and dates and amounts of any loans/amounts subsequently received from the trustees.
                    Confirmation of all parties who benefited from such arrangements.
                    A copy of all the trust deeds & deeds of adherence.

I look forward to receiving your reply by e-mail. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail or telephone if you have any further questions in the interim
                    Can you please acknowledge receipt of this email

Kind Regards

E De Silva
                    HM Inspector of Taxes

As anyone received the above? have they initiated discussions?

thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by AMLFOOL View Post
                      Guys

Have received the below letter from HMRC:

Dear Mr X

Further to your email 29/5/2018, I acknowledge your notification of interest in settling. Perhaps you could phone me?

Can you advise whether you will be overseeing the settlement discussions or if not you, who

Before I am able to can communicate by email I need you to be aware of HMRC protocols. I am attaching a word document which details HMRC protocols for corresponding by email. Once you have had the opportunity to look at this, can you please respond as appropriate (provide authority as below if acceptable )
                      “If you don’t want to use email
                      You may prefer that we don’t respond to your enquiry by email, for example because other people have access to your email account. If so, we are happy to respond by an alternative method. We will agree this with you either by telephone, fax or in writing via post.
                      If you do want to use email
                      If you would like me to respond to your query by email, we will need you to confirm in writing by post, email or fax:
                      that you understand and accept the risks of using email
                      that you are content for financial information to be sent by email
                      that attachments can be used”

The HMRC settlement terms can be found here Disguised Remuneration Settlement Terms
                      HMRC will then provide a set of without prejudice computations for you to review detailing how your circumstances can be settled. In order to provide these we will need some further information from you. Please supply:

Confirmation of the dates and amounts paid into the trust scheme(s) and dates and amounts of any loans/amounts subsequently received from the trustees.
                      Confirmation of all parties who benefited from such arrangements.
                      A copy of all the trust deeds & deeds of adherence.

I look forward to receiving your reply by e-mail. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail or telephone if you have any further questions in the interim
                      Can you please acknowledge receipt of this email

Kind Regards

E De Silva
                      HM Inspector of Taxes

As anyone received the above? have they initiated discussions?

thanks...
                      Above explains HMRC have no information and they want you to supply all the details to they can squeeze you down..

When I rang HMRC I was told you were with AML/SmartPay till 2017 , infact I had left AML/SmartPay in mid. 2015 , they told me you'll need to show a proof that you left AML/Smartpay in 2015.

Once I was told you can mess around with Police as they'll forgive you but HMRC will never forgive you, and thats what scares me...

Comment

Working...
                      X