• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickG View Post
    Without prying too much into all the secrecy, can I ask if there's any merit in delaying settlement, if there is any chance of this witch hunt being overturned?

My understanding is that once you have settled there is no comeback whatsoever, no matter what then happens.
    Absolutely no chance of getting money back if you settle so be very wary.

Remember HMRC will use every tactic possible to tempt you into settling and that includes groups of fake forum users all chatting to each other to give the impression that there's no hope.

Maybe the odd tax expert robotically churning out snippets of legislation to sway you too.

Do what you feel is right make sure you don't depend on just forum users before handing money over.

Comment

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Originally posted by DontSettle View Post
      Absolutely no chance of getting money back if you settle so be very wary.

Remember HMRC will use every tactic possible to tempt you into settling and that includes groups of fake forum users all chatting to each other to give the impression that there's no hope.

Maybe the odd tax expert robotically churning out snippets of legislation to sway you too.

Do what you feel is right make sure you don't depend on just forum users before handing money over.
      Care to share with us what your qualifications/expertise is that means you are so against settling?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Im in process of settling right now and no 100% this will not delay, avoid or alter that process.

Originally posted by RickG View Post
        Without prying too much into all the secrecy, can I ask if there's any merit in delaying settlement, if there is any chance of this witch hunt being overturned?

My understanding is that once you have settled there is no comeback whatsoever, no matter what then happens.

Comment

An another one, Telegraph article on HMRC's harassment of vulnerable taxpayers:
          https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/self...ental-illness/

Also, pease visit/sign the following petition:
          https://www.change.org/p/hm-gov-gove...ty-of-care-now

TY!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadDOTAS View Post
            An another one, Telegraph article on HMRC's harassment of vulnerable taxpayers:
            https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/self...ental-illness/

Also, pease visit/sign the following petition:
            https://www.change.org/p/hm-gov-gove...ty-of-care-now

TY!
            Neither links work.

Comment

Living in ROI since 2013

hi,

firstly thanks to all the respondents on this AML issue.

I moved to Ireland in 2013 (South). I recently got a letter from hmrc re 2019 loan change.

Tempted to settle and tempted to do nothing - fed up with the uncertainty. I have some assets in the UK.

Can HMRC come after me in South of Ireland? If they cant and if the cant take my assets in the UK then why would i settle?

Is anyone in this board based in the south of Ireland or in another EU country? I would be really interested to hear from you.

Kind Regards
              Tony

Comment

Settling with HMRC

Hi

I was with AML , Is there a process on how someone can settle directly with HMRC.

Do we need to provide to hmrc on how much loan we received from AML or will hmrc have all our loan details. If we have to provide the loan amount to hmrc then how will hmrc know if the loan amount is correct or not.

I can see lots of postings on twitter related to 2019 Loan Charges , do you think its worth settling with hmrc or wait till 5th April 2019.

Regards
                D

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmin View Post
                  Hi

I was with AML , Is there a process on how someone can settle directly with HMRC.

Do we need to provide to hmrc on how much loan we received from AML or will hmrc have all our loan details. If we have to provide the loan amount to hmrc then how will hmrc know if the loan amount is correct or not.

I can see lots of postings on twitter related to 2019 Loan Charges , do you think its worth settling with hmrc or wait till 5th April 2019.

Regards
                  D
                  Have you actually engaged with WTT or Phil (and paid for their services)? Or are you trying to do this yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Have you actually engaged with WTT or Phil (and paid for their services)? Or are you trying to do this yourself?
                    I have no issue in paying but want to know whats the difference if I settle with HMRC thru a tax accountant ( WTT or Phil ) or going directly.

If the settlement is official then do you really need a tax accountant ?? or unless if a tax accountant can get a good discount (££) from hmrc on settlement then 100% worth.

I am not clear to how a tax account be helpful/useful when comes to settlement.

If I was going to fight with HMRC then 100% I would have gone with the BIG GROUP.

Regards
                    D

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmin View Post
                      I have no issue in paying but want to know whats the difference if I settle with HMRC thru a tax accountant ( WTT or Phil ) or going directly.

If the settlement is official then do you really need a tax accountant ?? or unless if a tax accountant can get a good discount (££) from hmrc on settlement then 100% worth.

I am not clear to how a tax account be helpful/useful when comes to settlement.
                      I guess the difference is the same as the difference between doing your accounts yourself or getting a professional accountant to do them.

Do you do your own company accounts?

Comment

Working...
                      X