• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
    It could be that I just didn't notice this before but this is a small step in the right direction from HMRC
    By all means try that but beware that what HMRC say and what they do is not the same.

We have clients with little income, little certainty over income, only asset is the family home, willing however to settle for personal reasons.

Time to pay periods of more than 24 months are as rare as hen's teeth.

HMRC executives love to tell Parliament that they are flexible and responsive.

That message is clearly not getting to the DMB officers who you actually speak to.

Another example of HMRC protecting their political backsides whilst inflicting a "one size fits all" policy on taxpayers probably because it's cheaper than training their staff to do their job properly.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      By all means try that but beware that what HMRC say and what they do is not the same.

We have clients with little income, little certainty over income, only asset is the family home, willing however to settle for personal reasons.

Time to pay periods of more than 24 months are as rare as hen's teeth.

HMRC executives love to tell Parliament that they are flexible and responsive.

That message is clearly not getting to the DMB officers who you actually speak to.

Another example of HMRC protecting their political backsides whilst inflicting a "one size fits all" policy on taxpayers probably because it's cheaper than training their staff to do their job properly.
      the misery continues.

Comment

Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
        SCR - I have a similar position to you though BR for me, I think isnt an option. Happy to chat to you offline. Also, have you spoken to advisers?
        Hi thanks for reply. I have spoken to several IPs and also Rhys at WTT who has been great. BR for us would mean no career and huge drop in salary so it’s really an absolute last option.
        Can we please have PM rights? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SCR View Post
          Hi thanks for reply. I have spoken to several IPs and also Rhys at WTT who has been great. BR for us would mean no career and huge drop in salary so it’s really an absolute last option.
          Can we please have PM rights? Thanks
          There is help and advice from many ex-AML people at LCAG https://www.hmrcloancharge.info/ and Big Group.

AML are like all ex-scheme providers, liars and deceitful, this opinion comes from being one of their victims.

Mobilise and get fighting back. Get on twitter, get onto your MP, fight back and do something...plenty of help is out there on how...you will feel not alone and informed with LCAG.
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
            There is help and advice from many ex-AML people at LCAG https://www.hmrcloancharge.info/ and Big Group.

AML are like all ex-scheme providers, liars and deceitful, this opinion comes from being one of their victims.

Mobilise and get fighting back. Get on twitter, get onto your MP, fight back and do something...plenty of help is out there on how...you will feel not alone and informed with LCAG.
            agree, everyone needs to fight!! I have registered for settlement but only because I don't want my position to be worse come April 2019, however, it doesn't impact my legal rights and I don't have to go through with it, so in the meantime, I've written to my MP and will follow up, have joined LCAG, and was just reading this: Fact or Fiction - Are HMRC making it up as they go along? - Contractor Weekly - surely there is another "partnership" here to explore i.e. there must be a lot of NHS related people impacted here who may not be aware of forums such as this? It seems that the more of us who join together to try and stop this from happening, the better...

Comment

Originally posted by FOHMRC View Post
              New to the thread and 1st time user of contractor uk. I was a "AML/SPM user" from 2012-2017, before going down my own Ltd company in late 2017. I think I will be facing a ~£150k tax bill potentially at some point. Having read all the articles, I am clearly not the only one caught up in this sorry saga. I tried to leave AML back in 2016 when I received my 1st demand for tax outstanding, but they "persuaded" me that it was all "legit/QC Approved"...how wrong could I have been!! I joined WTT last year and the information they have provided has been incredibly useful and I highly recommend them. I'm writing this post as surely one of the options to us ex, as well as current AML'rs, is to take the Knox House group to court for this mis-selling/abuse of trust/complete scam of a scheme or something along those lines, it happens in multiple industries where such blatant fraud is committed, so I am wondering if anyone out there is thinking of this route and if this is indeed feasible or not..... As for HMRC, well I would literally run out of expletives for how much contempt I hold this department..

Wishing everyone good luck with this fiasco!..and some comedy (LIBEL!!) literature below from AML in 2012 which I dug up from my email archives..

Original email from AML in 2012: "It was a pleasure to talk to you today. Further to our conversation, please find below and attached the information about the AML PCC solution.

Having negotiated your percentage return, I can confirm that we would be able to offer you 85% net return if the application is returned this week; We can also offer the £500 welcome bonus to you after you have been paid for £13,000.00 worth of invoices. Please keep this negotiation confidential as it might jeopardise the arrangement if it was disclosed.

AML provide a unique solution for individuals wanting the flexibility of being self employed, without incurring employers and employees NI through an umbrella company, incurring Director responsibilities or having the cost and hassle of setting up and running your own Limited company.

ABOUT AML

AML has a wealth of experience in providing efficient remuneration strategies for professionals, consultants, freelancers and contract workers which maximises their take home pay in a safe and compliant manner. Our services are supported by leading counsel opinions and provide a complete administration solution saving you time and money. All our 50 employees are dedicated to providing excellent levels of service, with payments processed on time, every time. We employ our own inhouse tax experts and work closely with leading Tax Counsel and Employment lawyers to ensure our contracts and remuneration planning is always fully compliant with current UK legislation.

HOW IT WORKS

AML maximises your income and can be more tax advantageous as well as more convenient than an umbrella company, PAYE or your own limited company. Once you join AML as a member, we will work with your agency or client to arrange the contract for your services. We raise all invoices on either a weekly or monthly basis and we take full responsibility for debt collection. Once we receive the money from your agency or client, we immediately process and arrange for payment to be transferred to your bank account usually on the same day.

KEY BENEFITS

Our service ensures you take home more pay, whilst also saving time and money.

* Take home over 80% of contract value
              * We handle all your paperwork from contract negotiation through to payment process and debtor collection
              * Regular Payment Cycles
              * Fast and easy sign up process (can be done same day)
              * Tax return service completed at the year end for you

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS

* AML provide business insurances including Professional Indemnity of up to £5million
              * There are no joining or leaving charges, with total flexibility on contract periods
              * Access provided to our online contractor portal, providing you real time information to track your invoices and payments.
              * Supported by leading Tax and Employment Counsel Opinion confirming that the service is fully compliant with current UK legislation
              Your position sounds identical to mine...and I agree - why isn't everyone now ex AML pulling together for a legal case? how could we do this..? I've only heard through a QC that there is a group going to the European Court of Human Rights - but I don't know anything more than that, and that is not a direct case against AML/Knox, that's in relation to the legislation itself which may/may not be successful.

6 odd weeks down the line since getting the notification I'm impacted and I'm still completely dumbfounded and in disbelief that this can and might happen.

Comment

There are many AML users in Big Group - that is the best port of call for the activities you mention on organising.

Comment

Originally posted by falling apart View Post
                  Your position sounds identical to mine...and I agree - why isn't everyone now ex AML pulling together for a legal case? how could we do this..? I've only heard through a QC that there is a group going to the European Court of Human Rights - but I don't know anything more than that, and that is not a direct case against AML/Knox, that's in relation to the legislation itself which may/may not be successful.

6 odd weeks down the line since getting the notification I'm impacted and I'm still completely dumbfounded and in disbelief that this can and might happen.
                  I think the plan of action from my perspective would be to wait for the outcome of the WTT resolution process. If unsuccessful, I think that would be the right time to instigate this. But I believe we are at least 6 months+ away from the next steps (depending on the outcome). I would then look at litigation and take it from there, even if I fight this on my own!

Comment

Originally posted by FOHMRC View Post
                    I think the plan of action from my perspective would be to wait for the outcome of the WTT resolution process. If unsuccessful, I think that would be the right time to instigate this. But I believe we are at least 6 months+ away from the next steps (depending on the outcome). I would then look at litigation and take it from there, even if I fight this on my own!
                    I am with you brother

Comment

Deadline "quietly" extended

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/news...arges-quietly/

31st deadline extended a further 5 months. Have HMRC seriously underestimated the sh*tstorm they have unleashed?

This is interesting

"They see the new tax charge as retrospective and deeply unfair. However, while there may be public sympathy for the nurse in this situation, the IT professional fares less well in the court of public opinion and it is equally not fair to the teacher simply to write off the tax owing."

So, teachers get off with it?
                      Last edited by headspin; 7 June 2018, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X