• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clso2 - anyone??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clso2 - anyone??

Has anyone here expressed an interest with HMRC for CLSO2 yet?
    If so did you just send a letter saying “yeah I’m interested, what next?” or did you say “yeah I’m interested here are all the gory details?”
    Would be interested to know and also how quickly a response has come back?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Finalwhistle View Post
    If so did you just send a letter saying “yeah I’m interested, what next?” or did you say “yeah I’m interested here are all the gory details?”
    Thanks
    I asked. Took them 3 months to reply. Then asked some questions around CLSO vs 2019 loan charge. Not heard back. Been 3 months. Also as I now live in Asia I'm not bothered about this whole thing really. Never intend to return to UK to live anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
      Also as I now live in Asia I'm not bothered about this whole thing really. Never intend to return to UK to live anyway.
      Yes, stick two fingers up to the HM Robbers and Crooks.

Sorely tempted to leave this country for fairer climes myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Finalwhistle View Post
        Thanks
        Yep! Put an email into HMRC on Monday... I included all years, loan amounts and scheme name. I had a Read Receipt followed by an reply within a day stating that they were working through the requests in date order and would respond at some point. My opinion is that the information I included should be enough to get the ball rolling... not too little, not too much... It is no way binding so why not ask?

Once I have the values back I will compare to the Loan Charge and ponder the way forward...

Comment

Got a call from them saying they were going to send out figures - 8 weeks later and still waiting.

8 weeks to do a few simple sums - absolute joke.

Probably another 4 weeks before the dreaded brown envelope lands on the door mat. Then 2 or 3 letters going back and forth to explain that it's taken them 3 months to do some adding-up and they've still got it wrong.

Isn't the deadline for CLSO3 end of May 2018? So that's no going to happen is it??

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post

Isn't the deadline for CLSO3 end of May 2018? So that's no going to happen is it??
            I understand the May deadline is to register your interest rather than agree a settlement.

Comment

I believe the deadline to settle (as in sign the offer letter and agree to their Ts &Cs) is 30 September 2018 but if CLSO1 is anything to go by there will most likely be an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
                I believe the deadline to settle (as in sign the offer letter and agree to their Ts &Cs) is 30 September 2018 but if CLSO1 is anything to go by there will most likely be an extension.
                Express interest by 31 May 2018 provide all information by 30 September 2018 - so sign offer letter etc could be into 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Delendog View Post
                  Express interest by 31 May 2018 provide all information by 30 September 2018 - so sign offer letter etc could be into 2019.
                  Thanks for the clarification...

Comment

So what happens if we are in the CLSO2 procedure and this starts going beyond April 2019 and the LC kicks in?
                    Are we except as we are in talks? Or does the LC hit us and it’s oir fault for not settling quicker?!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X