• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How we can get political backing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMRC made Atlas Shrug View Post
    Do not stop or turn around, I will bump into you.
    Are you in the Bedlam ward too?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Are you in the Bedlam ward too?
      Not sure. Once I've broken through the wall by banging my head against it, I will be able to tell. Until then . . . . why is my head so sore.

Comment

Spot the propaganda on HMRC's website

"The vast majority of people pay the right amount of tax on time, but a small number of individuals and businesses try to avoid paying what they owe through tax avoidance schemes. "

We were/are contractors with none of the benefits or security of permanent employees. The "right amount" is not the same tax as a permie.

"We expect around 43,000 taxpayers involved in avoidance schemes currently under dispute with HMRC to receive payment notices. We will be issuing notices to around 33,000 individuals and 10,000 businesses. "

A large number put out for public consumption. However this is due to the incompetence & unfairness of HMRC, how else can it happen that there are that many people that "broke the law".

"The average income of an individual who may receive a notice is £262,000. Some cases involve wealthy individuals who are trying to avoid over £10 million of tax through the use of avoidance schemes. "

Note how they use "average", another blatant bit of propaganda. I bet if I asked all 43,000 that earned £262,000 or more a year, not that many out of the group qualify.

Let me explain. Lets say there are a 1,000 unemployed people in a room. What is the average income, zero. Now Bill Gates walks in. What is the average income now? This same 1,000 people, still unemployed, still zero income, now have an average income in the millions. They must therefore be rich so let's vilify them!

HMRC's propaganda at work.

Comment

Everyone on CUK thinks they pay the right amount. And everyone else pays the wrong amount.

Comment

Working...
          X