• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Demands - please help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed. Or at least private. HMRC can read all the posts on a public forum.
    Really confused, this is impacting my husband not me? Surely they can't spy on my private life, that would be harassment or a person not under investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by Fowden View Post
      Really confused, this is impacting my husband not me? Surely they can't spy on my private life, that would be harassment or a person not under investigation?
      They don't need to "spy" on your private life - you are publishing information on a public forum on the internet. It's not harassment for someone to read your posts.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        They don't need to "spy" on your private life - you are publishing information on a public forum on the internet. It's not harassment for someone to read your posts.
        I'm still not following, there is nothing I have posted that they won't find out during negotiations? I have nothing to hide.

Comment

HMRC Demands - please help

I'm still not following, there is nothing I have posted that they won't find out during negotiations? I have nothing to hide.
          OK, what we are saying is you need to speak to professionals in private to discuss your exact situation in detail.
          Asking questions or relying on advice given by a bunch of random strangers on the internet is a dangerous thing to do when the matter at hand is serious.

Also, the advice given on an Internet forum is based on how the reader understands what you write. If you end a sentence which does not contain a question with a question mark, does that mean you are wanting to know if we agree with you, or are you asking something else?
          These kind of things are more obvious when someone hears the inflection in a voice, coupled with facial expressions.

So, just a comment on your final sentence "I have nothing to hide", well the taxman seems to think that someone has hidden something, which is why the demand is being made.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            No disrespect to Mouse007, but this is a discussion you should be having with an Insolvency Practitioner.

PM sent to OP

I may court some controversy here, but my experience puts some Insolvency Practitioners in the same camp as the Tax Consultants who got you all here in the first place.

They take your money and run. Jekyll and Hyde characters, nice until you’ve signed up.

Bankruptcy (personal bankruptcy) can be a DIY job. The OP’s case looks like it could be handled for free. Why waste £,000 on an IP?

Whilst you guys may fear HMRC reading this, they have nothing to do with the actual administration of a bankruptcy. That’s handled by the Official Receiver. We’re not exactly discussing something which will get them rushing about to change the law to close some new loophole.

There are straight answers to the OPs questions, none of these are dodgy, just facts about a legal process details of which are all freely available on the internet (including .gov sites). I suspect others may be worrying about the same questions and would have benefited from the answers.

I can’t see anything in her posts, or indeed in my PM to her, that could help HMRC defeat or change the inevitable bankruptcy her husband appears to be facing.

Whilst it is wise to keep some things to ourselves, there’s no news here for HMRC or the powers that be.

Comment

This is a situation where professional advice, from a qualified Insolvency Practitioner, is an absolute must.

Get this wrong and you could pay a very heavy price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse007 View Post
                Bankruptcy (personal bankruptcy) can be a DIY job. The OP’s case looks like it could be handled for free. Why waste £,000 on an IP?
                Looks being the operative word.

Maybe they don't need an IP to handle the actual BR but it might be wise to have a consultation to review the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  OK, what we are saying is you need to speak to professionals in private to discuss your exact situation in detail.
                  Asking questions or relying on advice given by a bunch of random strangers on the internet is a dangerous thing to do when the matter at hand is serious.

Also, the advice given on an Internet forum is based on how the reader understands what you write. If you end a sentence which does not contain a question with a question mark, does that mean you are wanting to know if we agree with you, or are you asking something else?
                  These kind of things are more obvious when someone hears the inflection in a voice, coupled with facial expressions.

So, just a comment on your final sentence "I have nothing to hide", well the taxman seems to think that someone has hidden something, which is why the demand is being made.
                  Did your parents not teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Don't comment if you can't offer advice, and don't judge until you have walked in that persons shoes.

Comment

Did your parents not teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Don't comment if you can't offer advice, and don't judge until you have walked in that persons shoes.
                    Firstly it isn't a good idea to be rude or wind a moderator up on any forum as they can ban you.

Secondly moderators and other long term posters have a duty to warn new posters that these threads are easily accessible from Google and other search engines for years. While you may be using a username due to the way you and you partner have just happened to set up your financial affairs, HMRC could decide you are deliberately trying to deprive them of money and give you both extra grief. Other posters have been found out due to their individual unique circumstances and we also suspect other countries taxmen have posted on threads.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Firstly it isn't a good idea to be rude or wind a moderator up on any forum as they can ban you.

Secondly moderators and other long term posters have a duty to warn new posters that these threads are easily accessible from Google and other search engines for years. While you may be using a username due to the way you and you partner have just happened to set up your financial affairs, HMRC could decide you are deliberately trying to deprive them of money and give you both extra grief. Other posters have been found out due to their individual unique circumstances and we also suspect other countries taxmen have posted on threads.
                      Feel free to get me banned for stating the previous poster did not need to be rude, I have bigger things to worry about being pregnant, and dealing with a husband having suicidal thoughts than worrying about the negative way I am being spoken to.

A huge thank you to all the posters who offered advice and guidance to me to help my husband, he's made an appointment to see a therapist tomorrow to help get him through this, and I'm hoping our new arrival will give him hope to see all this through.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X