• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Demands - please help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fowden View Post
    Did your parents not teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Don't comment if you can't offer advice, and don't judge until you have walked in that persons shoes.
    It might not be what you want to hear, but WTFH has given you sound advice, and you would be wise to act on it. I'm surprised at your response as I see nothing rude or negative about what he has written. In this subforum we enforce strictly no discussion of the rights and wrongs of using tax avoidance schemes. The rest of this site, the internet and the world in general is less sympathetic to your plight. Even with a baby on the way and a suicidal husband.

Nobody wants to ban you. Being rude to moderators is not something we'd ban you for - or we'd have to ban everyone.

Now we're all friends again,

... my husband has a car on rental that we have paid half off ...
    You'd need to check, but it's possible (or even likely), that the car is legally the lease company's and so does not count as an asset.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Did your parents not teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? Don't comment if you can't offer advice, and don't judge until you have walked in that persons shoes.

They did teach me well, that's why I offered advice, for free, out of my own politeness.

Here's the list of advice I gave you:

1. You need to speak to professionals in private to discuss your exact situation in detail.
      - this is something for you to do.

2. Asking questions or relying on advice given by a bunch of random strangers on the internet is a dangerous thing to do when the matter at hand is serious.
      - this is something for you to watch out for.

3. The advice given on an Internet forum is based on how the reader understands what you write. If you end a sentence which does not contain a question with a question mark, does that mean you are wanting to know if we agree with you, or are you asking something else?
      These kind of things are more obvious when someone hears the inflection in a voice, coupled with facial expressions.
      - this is general advice to anyone trying to communicate in writing with others who do not know them

4. So, just a comment on your final sentence "I have nothing to hide", well the taxman seems to think that someone has hidden something, which is why the demand is being made.
      - this is advice that while you may be of one opinion, others may think differently or disagree with you.

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is having to see a therapist. In the same way that he is seeking professional help for his physical/mental needs, it is a good idea that he should seek professional help for his financial issues.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Fowden now wishes to close her account, so I'm closing this thread.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X