• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoices for drafting Representations

Originally posted by Verylatejoiner View Post
    "We will in due course send a small fee note for work scrutinizing the notices and drafting the representations" ...was at the end of the email that response letters were attached too.

Wouldn't say £2.5k is a very small fee note!!!!

Anyone else's that high?!!! OMG!!!!
    Yes I've just received an invoice, but for a lot less than yours. I guess it's based upon earnings/no. of years in dispute, etc. In my case Montpelier invoiced me way back in 2005 (one of the years in dispute) for the loan repayment, thinking HMRC had okay'd my return for that year. I duly paid this invoice but now of course I'm wondering if I shouldn't offset this amount against this latest invoice? Whether Montpelier will accept this is another question.

Comment

Originally posted by Verylatejoiner View Post
      "We will in due course send a small fee note for work scrutinizing the notices and drafting the representations" ...was at the end of the email that response letters were attached too.

Wouldn't say £2.5k is a very small fee note!!!!

Anyone else's that high?!!! OMG!!!!
      Their representations were crap. Bunch of crooks!

Comment

I strongly advise everyone to throw away any letter from WG. He will use any money to send more begging letters.

He only picks on low hanging fruit. He might well end up bankrupt soon anyway.

I could say I feel sorry for those who paid up the 10% loan demands. Now they are being told the money will never be returned.

However I hate the ones who pay up! They make it worse.

IGNORE. IGNORE. IGNORE.

Comment

Originally posted by PokemonStay View Post
          I could say I feel sorry for those who paid up the 10% loan demands. Now they are being told the money will never be returned.
          I know people who handed over £20k, £30k.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
            Yes I've just received an invoice, but for a lot less than yours. I guess it's based upon earnings/no. of years in dispute, etc. In my case Montpelier invoiced me way back in 2005 (one of the years in dispute) for the loan repayment, thinking HMRC had okay'd my return for that year. I duly paid this invoice but now of course I'm wondering if I shouldn't offset this amount against this latest invoice? Whether Montpelier will accept this is another question.
            Why contact them atall?

Comment

Montpelier invoice for FN/APN advice

I've also just received an unexpected invoice from Montpelier, i.e. for "Administration fee for reviewing and advising on Follower Notices and Accelerated Payment Notices".

The covering letter refers to the Invoice as a "fee note", but ends with "We appreciate that we have no specific engagement terms with you for this matter but hope that you will regard the fee as fair and reasonable."

My Montpelier scheme was all around the use of Trusts, there were no Loans involved.
              I'm vaguely aware that those users of the Loan scheme(s) were requested (required?) to repay some of the loans.

Given that there were "no specific engagement terms", do I have to pay this Invoice or are Montpelier just trying their luck?
              Do they have any recourse if I don't pay it?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tootrusting View Post
                I've also just received an unexpected invoice from Montpelier, i.e. for "Administration fee for reviewing and advising on Follower Notices and Accelerated Payment Notices".

The covering letter refers to the Invoice as a "fee note", but ends with "We appreciate that we have no specific engagement terms with you for this matter but hope that you will regard the fee as fair and reasonable."

My Montpelier scheme was all around the use of Trusts, there were no Loans involved.
                I'm vaguely aware that those users of the Loan scheme(s) were requested (required?) to repay some of the loans.

Given that there were "no specific engagement terms", do I have to pay this Invoice or are Montpelier just trying their luck?
                Do they have any recourse if I don't pay it?

Thanks.
                You do not have to pay. Montpelier are trying their luck. They have no recourse. They are targeting low hanging fruit.

Throw the letter away.

Comment

Brillopad - thanks for the advice.

I guess I won't be needing any more assistance from Montpelier now anyhow (seems to be a 100% lost cause with no other legal routes to explore now), so won't lose out by not paying them.

This is on the assumption that i don't need them to confirm / clarify anything, e.g. facts & figures & dates, when HMRC come looking for their 'pound of flesh'.

Comment

Originally posted by tootrusting View Post
                    Brillopad - thanks for the advice.

I guess I won't be needing any more assistance from Montpelier now anyhow (seems to be a 100% lost cause with no other legal routes to explore now), so won't lose out by not paying them.

This is on the assumption that i don't need them to confirm / clarify anything, e.g. facts & figures & dates, when HMRC come looking for their 'pound of flesh'.
                    They would charge a fortune. You are better of getting an accountant. Or just paying up.

Comment

Am in the same position as you "tootrusting"... mine was all done using trusts with MP, before the loan stuff.

Am thinking of trying to settle using the WTT big group thing. Has anyone used this? Was it successful? Would you recommend?

Brillopad - thanks for the advice on not having to pay the MP invoice.

Comment

Working...
                      X