• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier & Newquay 10% loan repayment demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you call them and explain the schemes you were involved in first, to see if you would benefit from BG?
    They have advised people in the past not to join if they see no benefit. Maybe there is a misunderstanding somewhere. One which I am sue can be resolved with a phone call.
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by sid84763 View Post
      I have joined WTT BG as advised. I received FN and APN's today and contacted BG and they have advised that from a MP perspective you have to settle the APN.

I thought this was a united front on settlement hence me joining and BG taking my money. If they knew the stance why did they not turn me down as a member. The have offered to represent me for £250.00 to £1000.00. I have paid the joining fee plus the £18.00 per month and contributed to other payments for Barristers can someone please advise what I am doing wrong?
      Why are you posting this here and not on the BG forum?

Comment

What?

Email me.

We do not take money from people under false pretences. If we can't help, we say so.

Sounds to me like you have Follower Notices relating to MTM following Huitson. Reaching that stage is basically game over and Big Group is not for you. Big Group finds a settlement and for the that MTM scheme, there is no settlement only litigation.

We do offer actions around the Follower Notice but unless you make a positive decision to engage you have not paid for anything. The explanation we give on the FNs is also usually enough for you to make a decision and execute it without us if you wish.

Do you use this forum name in BG? If so, I'll track it down and be in touch.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

The confusion might be because Montpelier ran two different schemes.

Quite a lot of people were in both. Some haven't got a clue what they used.

DTA scheme (2001/2 to 2007/8)
          Hit by retro legislation BN66/s58
          HMRC now issuing FNs/APNs on the basis of Huitson

Loan Scheme (2008/9 to 2013/14)
          Two versions - Newquay employee and Rathowen self-employed
          Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 8 December 2016, 19:02.

Comment

I have followed up on the post above and we are working towards a resolution.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by sid84763 View Post
              I have joined WTT BG as advised. I received FN and APN's today and contacted BG and they have advised that from a MP perspective you have to settle the APN.

I thought this was a united front on settlement hence me joining and BG taking my money. If they knew the stance why did they not turn me down as a member. The have offered to represent me for £250.00 to £1000.00. I have paid the joining fee plus the £18.00 per month and contributed to other payments for Barristers can someone please advise what I am doing wrong?
              All, please ignore this mini gripe. I have communicated with WTT BG and the issues have been resolved.

Comment

good to hear guys. Good work. Its always good to see a happy ending amid all the gloom - even if only a small one.

Comment

help

Hi

I just found this forum and am now very scared.

I was in the mtm isle of man scheme 07 and 08 and in the loan scheme 09.

I this week paid off what HMRC said I owed on the isle of man ones and had paid most of the 10% asked by dawn. I have one payment to make

Now I fear I owe £100k to a loan I won't see the proceeds of and will have to pay tax too.

Who can I talk to?

Comment

Originally posted by Mtmvictim View Post
                    Hi

I just found this forum and am now very scared.

I was in the mtm isle of man scheme 07 and 08 and in the loan scheme 09.

I this week paid off what HMRC said I owed on the isle of man ones and had paid most of the 10% asked by dawn. I have one payment to make

Now I fear I owe £100k to a loan I won't see the proceeds of and will have to pay tax too.

Who can I talk to?
                    pm me

(No, me neither).

Comment

I noted Big Group is closed.

What can I do in the meantime as I'm learning more of the pile of mess I'm got into? Didn't fully appreciate the loan aspects and implication for 2019.

Would like to get some support. Thank you.
                      Last edited by zal; 14 February 2017, 07:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X