• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

APN Penalty - uncollectible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going round and round....
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      Going round and round....
      Any more news on this?

I'd also like to make contact with group that's part of the JR which I had no idea was taking place else I'd have joined. I've had hector visit me and I need a way to stop having to pay for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Wibble1 View Post
        Any more news on this?

I'd also like to make contact with group that's part of the JR which I had no idea was taking place else I'd have joined. I've had hector visit me and I need a way to stop having to pay for the time being.
        If you want to make contact with the Edge group pm The dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
          If you want to make contact with the Edge group pm The dandy.
          There must be 2 Edge JRs then, coz the Dandy's not running the one I'm part of!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle View Post
            There must be 2 Edge JRs then, coz the Dandy's not running the one I'm part of!!
            Are you happy to share details of the 1 you are part of....in the hope it will help others. I'll also PM you.

Comment

Part of the issue with resisting HMRC's approach on all schemes, not just Edge, is the fact that users have joined a number of different groups and/or done their own thing.

The groups may have different objectives and individuals may have settled, be in discussion with HMRC/lawyers or have their head in the sand.

However the only party helped by such diversity is HMRC.

I would suggest that those groups originally formed by users some time ago should consider, seriously, combining forces as the enquiry process moves into the next phase.

(And yes, I accept that this might be seen as an advert but nonetheless the above is sensible.)
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

IT Contractors are probably the worst sufferers of the Not invented Here syndrome.
                To my surprise, CTAs seem to come in a close second!
                All this a source of delight for HMRC indeed, no doubt

Hopefully circumstances will force pargmatism to prevail.
                Last edited by DotasScandal; 15 June 2016, 13:14. Reason: spelling
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                X