• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just received a pre APN letter for 07/08

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    My brother-in-law was in Special Investigations. A deeply unpleasant character. Envious of anyone in the private sector who was doing well. A real chip on his shoulder. The only thing he liked about the job was the power trip. He said they loved it when they had wealthy taxpayers cacking themselves.
    Family lunches must be a blast.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      My brother-in-law was in Special Investigations. A deeply unpleasant character. Envious of anyone in the private sector who was doing well. A real chip on his shoulder. The only thing he liked about the job was the power trip. He said they loved it when they had wealthy taxpayers cacking themselves.
      Same with my ex-wife. From what the kids say, she is part of the debt enforcement group that goes round people's houses to harass them.

She was a nice person until her kidney transplant.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        Well, these front line positions are not exactly filled by people attracted by the great pay or the prestige of the organisation... They attract certain personality types - those who enjoy having the upper hand on someone who has no choice but deal with them. Very common in civil service unfortunately.
        And with governments obsessed with targets, I wouldn't be surprised that each person dealing in the APN teams has a target of getting APNs out as a percentage of cases on their desk. Targets & actuals figures would be used to see where the inefficiencies are in the HMRC teams. Any contrary information on this would be welcome.
        http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
        X