• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    ...and by then there will be no more taxpayer to force matters. Or they will be living on the streets.

Mission accomplished.
    Hopefully BIG GROUP will be a BIG THORN in HMRC's side.

Quite a lot of NTRT guys, who were in loan schemes, are going to sign up to support the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      The current CLSO reserves HMRC's right to apply IHT anyway.
      Fabulous
      Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Originally posted by carling View Post
        Fabulous
        I think I would have seriously considered CLSO had it been final, but the fact that it doesn't close it off completely destroys the value.

Does anyone know what the IHT liability could be?

Thanks
        CTD

Comment

Originally posted by carling View Post
          Fabulous
          Having YOUR cake and eating it too. Closure without closure.

That's how HMRC rolls!
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Signed

Been away for a few days - have paid - anyone moaning about it should take a hard look at the tiny level of fees compared to the amounts at stake - it's peanuts!

And to the people who think that this would have been organised on a part-time amateur basis - I ask whether any of you would work for free?

webberg - great job and thanks for organising this so quickly
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by cliffordthedog View Post
              I think I would have seriously considered CLSO had it been final, but the fact that it doesn't close it off completely destroys the value.

Does anyone know what the IHT liability could be?

Thanks
              CTD
              Difficult to calculate but allow perhaps 1% of loan value per annum
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                Difficult to calculate but allow perhaps 1% of loan value per annum
                Thanks Webberg, not huge but still another several thousands for me over 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
                  Been away for a few days - have paid - anyone moaning about it should take a hard look at the tiny level of fees compared to the amounts at stake - it's peanuts!
                  Yes it's absolutely peanuts.

I know some contractors are tight bastards but anyone baulking at this level of fees is a numpty.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    Yes it's absolutely peanuts.

I know some contractors are tight bastards but anyone baulking at this level of fees is a numpty.
                    Maybe some have already paid out a shed full of money for poor advice? Maybe some have already paid exorbitant fees for the ambulance chasers? Maybe, as a result, some are just being cautious and fearful of pissing yet more money away again? Some might just need a little more evidence, or information or whatever it is to give them the necessary level of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHat View Post
                      Maybe some have already paid out a shed full of money for poor advice? Maybe some have already paid exorbitant fees for the ambulance chasers? Maybe, as a result, some are just being cautious and fearful of pissing yet more money away again? Some might just need a little more evidence, or information or whatever it is to give them the necessary level of confidence.
                      I was probably being a bit harsh.

However it is only 60 quid upfront and 60p/day.

Comment

Working...
                      X