• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Talk are advising ex TRM scheme users that was non dotas to settle as the case is to similar to the arrangement of the lost case of Philip Boyle v HMRC. Tax talk are owned by the people who ran TRM, Cherrylone etc so hard to take their advice as independent. Can the BIG GROUP help me as I fear a APN any day?

Comment

Originally posted by GOLD1 View Post
      Tax Talk are advising ex TRM scheme users that was non dotas to settle as the case is to similar to the arrangement of the lost case of Philip Boyle v HMRC. Tax talk are owned by the people who ran TRM, Cherrylone etc so hard to take their advice as independent. Can the BIG GROUP help me as I fear a APN any day?
      Possibly.

PM me.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Sorry to be pedant...but what you fear is a FN, not an APN.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

I have no idea how the TRM scheme worked, but likening it to Boyle (a total basket case scheme) would hardly suggest that the advice is independent.
          More likely they are trying to cut and run.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
            I have no idea how the TRM scheme worked, but likening it to Boyle (a total basket case scheme) would hardly suggest that the advice is independent.
            More likely they are trying to cut and run.
            Precisely

Comment

Can I have one of those crystal balls they have please. Might save us all a lot of hassle
              STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Question on pricing

Hi Webberg,

Apologies if this has been asked already and I'm playing devils advocate here. If I join up today with the £60 joining fee and then £18 per month from 1st July, what extra am I going to gain from waiting until December to join up (saving £100 or so on monthly fees)?

Comment

It is £50, not £60.
                  You're not playing devils's advocate, you're playing "what's in it for me". Therefore I'm afraid you may have misunderstood the whole philosophy beyong Big Group.
                  No critical mass = no BG. No BG, we all fall. Anyone who can at all join should do so now.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    It is £50, not £60.
                    You're not playing devils's advocate, you're playing "what's in it for me". Therefore I'm afraid you may have misunderstood the whole philosophy beyong Big Group.
                    No critical mass = no BG. No BG, we all fall. Anyone who can at all join should do so now.
                    Quite the opposite. I'm in the process of filling in the forms now so I am joining up. It is purely devils advocate like I say. But this is bound to come up at some point. I'm a big advocate of BG.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      It is £50, not £60.
                      Also, £50 +vat is £60 as specified in the fees section. And again I point out, I'm joining up right now as I am a firm believer in BG!

Comment

Working...
                      X