• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whiteisland View Post
    I would also like to join the group and the £50 starting fee seems totally reasonable.
    And now, how do we connect all together and start sharing information?
    If possible, a separate web or forum with strict joining rules; e.g. not easily approachable by HMRC agents.

Any ideas?
    Hi whiteisland,
    Things are getting organized, there will be a kick-off meeting in the coming weeks. In due time, we will move communication to a dedicated forum, where members will be vetted. Rest assured that HMRC staff will be kept at bay
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

+1

hi webberg ... I'm in .. thanks for organising. This obviously isn't going to help with the trentburg to settle / not to settle decision many of us are having to make in the coming weeks but I suspect this is not the end so we may as well prepare for the coming years.

Comment

Count me in..

Can you please tell me who I PM for the details.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
          Can you please tell me who I PM for the details.

Many Thanks
          Hi bstar1 -

Don't PM anyone just yet - see post #162 - but keep checking the thread over the next few days ...

Best wishes
          "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

BIG GROUP set up

I'm nearly ready to circulate a draft objectives and constitution paper and appoint a committee to kick things off.

I propose a series of meetings and conference calls and perhaps Skype conferences for next week (18th to the 22nd) May with a view to finalising the position before the end of the month.

Some of you have offered to help with the IT side (thank you as I'm lacking any skills in that area) and I have coerced some others into making their skills available.

If anybody else would like to be part of the initial process, please let me know.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

How open?

here's a question.

The broad strokes of the strategy for this group have been discussed openly here.

The detail of the tactics not.

On the one hand keeping your powder dry and away from the eyes of the opposition is good but perhaps of limited value here because of the structure?

On the other, being inclusive and getting the messages out there via this forum and others spreads the message and builds numbers.

Discuss.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Are we able to start some kind of newsletter like NTRT. No need to reinvent the wheel then, so to speak. We continue to build group numbers on here and discuss certain aspects, but any juicy info is included in the newsletter. I would expect this to also help increase a following.
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  here's a question.

The broad strokes of the strategy for this group have been discussed openly here.

The detail of the tactics not.

On the one hand keeping your powder dry and away from the eyes of the opposition is good but perhaps of limited value here because of the structure?

On the other, being inclusive and getting the messages out there via this forum and others spreads the message and builds numbers.

Discuss.
                  Personally I don't think we need to discuss the finer details on here at all. The cost of the BIG GROUP will be enough to attract interest, particularly from those who feel left behind. The biggest hurdle will be raising awareness of our existence to non-forum users, "You are not alone". Social media and advertising is the best way forward. I do think, however, that we need to ensure that whatever tweeting and facebooking we do, it doesn't constantly contain damning reports of government officials and the like. All we really want to do is make as many people aware of us as possible, they are intelligent enough to follow up on it. If we include Osborne this and Gauke that, people will give us more grief. There is a place for all that stuff absolutely, but we want to get the message out, not tarnish ourselves with the same brush...

My 2p anyway :-)

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    we need to ensure that whatever tweeting and facebooking we do, it doesn't constantly contain damning reports of government officials and the like
                    DotasScandal has got that niche covered! (until the second coming of BeenGauked, that is )

More constructively - I agree, and I also think that the outreach efforts should be focused very much OFFline. There is a whole world of contractors out there would couldn't give a damn about social media, or internet forums for that matter.
                    That is where we want to spread the word IMO.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Just joined the site. Received 2 APN's yesterday and would like to join

Comment

Working...
                      X