• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConfusedEasily View Post
    You joined a tax avoidance scheme will have to, at some point, pay some cash.

You can settle, pay the LC or take the BG settlement approach. All have a degree of risk. Given that you expect BG to provide you with compensation if their approach fails (which they will not do) then perhaps you should just take CLSO2 and be done with it?
    Whoa!!!

Where and when was any compensation for failure ever mentioned?

As far as I know, compensation has never been offered, never been requested and will never be given.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Whoa!!!

Where and when was any compensation for failure ever mentioned?

As far as I know, compensation has never been offered, never been requested and will never be given.
      Yes - indeed. I think I was trying to make the point that there are no guarantees here and as such, all decisions need to made against the facts.

I'm not really sure I understand the hand-wringing on here. The choices are pretty clear.
      Last edited by ConfusedEasily; 21 February 2018, 14:10.

Comment

Lenders?

First because HMRC probably doesn't have the P11Ds.

Our approach has been to go to lenders for the data. In the majority of instances they have been cooperative.
        who are the lenders in this context? (sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          No, I'm trying to explain why the professionals don't splatter their plans all over a public board and have gone to some effort to keep their side of the equation secret until it is ready. Sorry if that's too difficult for you.

And FWIW I'm not involved in Big Group in any way, nor do I need to be.
          Malvio....why don't you jog on and troll some social media sites where there maybe some teenagers who find your demeaning tone of any worth. There are people here trying to have a conversation and ask questions in a free forum (without prejudice or criticism).
          your flippant remarks are of use to no one... and i'm pretty sure you are no position to represent BG in any way shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by Finalwhistle View Post
            The ones that 'leant you' your wages.

Comment

Malvio....why don't you jog on and troll some social media sites where there maybe some teenagers who find your demeaning tone of any worth. There are people here trying to have a conversation and ask questions in a free forum (without prejudice or criticism).
              your flippant remarks are of use to no one... and i'm pretty sure you are no position to represent BG in any way shape or form.
              A free forum that HMRC have been known to monitor and then play back in court as evidence.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Whoever's name is on the loan agreement.

Most of the schemes has a lender.

Many claim that its a trust.

Trust records are usually held by trustees.

Where the trustee changes, the records are passed on.

It's just following the story really.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by ConfusedEasily View Post
                  Given that you expect BG to provide you with compensation if their approach fails
                  Don't be daft; I was just trying to clarify things. Look at the history of my posts, webberg effectively said in a previous post about planes and trains that you would be no worse off than you are now going with BG; I asked if they would guarantee that (never for a moment expecting them to say yes). A bit more digging and I think we have concluded that sure you could be better off with BG (if it works) but you could equally be much worse off (if it doesn't work and the LC costs you much more than settlement). That was all I was trying to clarify. Like I say I have nothing against webberg or BG, I'm not arguing just for the sake of it, I have far more important things to do that that! I'm trying to get a clear understanding of all the options and what the risk of each option truly are.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                    A bit more digging and I think we have concluded that sure you could be better off with BG (if it works) but you could equally be much worse off (if it doesn't work and the LC costs you much more than settlement). .
                    I can see where you're coming from but calculate carefully.

"much worse off"? Depends on circumstances.

We're working on a calculator now.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I can see where you're coming from but calculate carefully.

"much worse off"? Depends on circumstances.

We're working on a calculator now.
                      100% this....EVERYONE has access to the same options, but the best option to take, will vary from person to person. Chuck in each persons appetite to fight that will fluctuate massively and it is as plain as day, that the best solution will be different for all and each of those options comes with some degree of uncertainty.
                      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
                      X