• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why bother with an EU referendum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    For UKIP, the EU is the enemy. Why is it wrong, from an integrity point of view, to plunder money and resources from your opponent?
    So should the EU have Farage whacked?
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

For UKIP, the EU is the enemy. Why is it wrong, from an integrity point of view, to plunder money and resources from your opponent?
      Is 'morality' too sissy a retort?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Is 'morality' too sissy a retort?
        Or ethics or integrity, if you prefer.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Because ultimately it is UK taxpayers that are forking out. I actually think it is sleazy and disgraceful that UKIP should seek to plunder money from the EU just because they do not agree with its existence. I do not have a problem if they are accepting pay to shun the EU , because that is what they have been elected to do (ignore votes and show no respect for the EU). To go the extra mile and claim as much expense as they can without seeming to do anything for it is a disgrace. This behaviour also lacks dignity and it shows them up as being opportunists completely lacking any integrity.

Their behaviour is also sending out certain messages to the UK electorate. Whilst people are happy to vote for them to get the UK out of the EU or put pressure on our incumbent parties to sort the EU out no one is going to trust them with anything beyond this.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Because ultimately it is UK taxpayers that are forking out. I actually think it is sleazy and disgraceful that UKIP should seek to plunder money from the EU just because they do not agree with its existence. I do not have a problem if they are accepting pay to shun the EU , because that is what they have been elected to do (ignore votes and show no respect for the EU). To go the extra mile and claim as much expense as they can without seeming to do anything for it is a disgrace. This behaviour also lacks dignity and it shows them up as being opportunists completely lacking any integrity.
            So have you offered them a job yet?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              So have you offered them a job yet?
              I hadn't thought of that. Thanks SB
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I hadn't thought of that. Thanks SB
                25% of the first year's salary please. I could do with three grand.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  25% of the first year's salary please. I could do with three grand.
                  That will require 10 placements SB and I pay in Rice

Comment

Getting Britain out of the EU is a fight they need to have in Britain, not in Brussels. The EU is essentially nothing to do with it. All they're doing is arsing about in Brussels and making themselves and the country they represent look silly, AND (if you're a UKIP supporter) wasting time that they could be spending on the issue they say they care about.

The enemy is people like me who want the UK to stay in the EU. They should be plundering my money and resources.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Getting Britain out of the EU is a fight they need to have in Britain, not in Brussels. The EU is essentially nothing to do with it. All they're doing is arsing about in Brussels and making themselves and the country they represent look silly, AND (if you're a UKIP supporter) wasting time that they could be spending on the issue they say they care about.

The enemy is people like me who want the UK to stay in the EU. They should be plundering my money and resources.
                      I quite like watching Nigel farage telling the Eurocrats what a bunch of serial wasters they all are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2VrhjWj9E

Comment

Working...
                      X