• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should school refuse boy leave for mum's wedding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It is things that he will need to build on in future lessons so unless his parents (or teachers) are willing to step up and cover it he could suffer for it for a very long time.

If a teacher had to step up to catch up every pupil that had a couple of days off they wouldn't have time to do their job. Bottom line is they can't help, they just don't have the time unless the schooling of the other kids is degraded.

It's possible the parents may step up and school him in which case no problems but this won't happen with kids that are already struggling through lack of parental involvement. It's got to be one rule for all.

What does a kid understand about life is forever? Get him educated and then he can live it.

All these reasons are why going in to a school to discuss should help.
    What crucial piece of the jigsaw are you going to miss at that age??

I accept that schooling has probably changed since I was at junior school but ISTR it was all pretty basic stuff that would get repeated year in year out - arithmetic, spelling and grammar and such like.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Neither have I.

Are you beginning to realise how boring I am yet?
      FTFY
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        FTFY
        ASDFMWO
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

ASDFMWO
          God, do you ever just shut up?

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
            God, do you ever just shut up?
            No. And don't call me God.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
              We used to go away for 2 weeks every June - my mother used to send in a note telling them we were going on holiday & I wouldn't be around for 2 weeks. There was no question of REQUESTING the time off.
              Were you there when they explained the concept of an own goal?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't remember ever doing anything at school that a week or 2 off a year would affect. Some kids struggle, many don't. Some that struggle early on will excel later on.

It's a shame we're always forced to benchmark ourselves against lowest common denominator.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  Probably a day to get there, a day to get married and a day to come back.
                  If I was PM-ing, I would run the three in parallel.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    If I was PM-ing, I would run the three in parallel.
                    When Suity was PMing it was a 20 day event : and the groom ended up married to the best man.

Comment

No. And call me boring.
                      FTFY
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X