• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England crushed like the bug it is!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    Demolished by the Argies little neighbour, no less (or should that be no 'more', ha!!!)

This is indicative of the gradual crumbling of this has-been superpower, like a faded actress pathetically binge-drinking every weekend to relive past glories when all bowed at her feet, and as if to get into the spirit, every weekend millions of her grand-daughters across this neither green nor pleasant land end up sprawled on concrete, vomiting, trying to wipe out the memories of awful childhoods, making collective English womanhood even uglier than its bloated face is already.

We've bred a generation of over-regulated wimps whose only claim to manhood is a birth cert alleging entry into this world before Euro 96, and possession of a cock (and judging by some of the crap that gets posted on this forum, I think a lot of 'men' are falling short of either/both). Nothing waiting except a packed tube carriage full of the other working stiffs competing in who can buy the blandest Berghaus jacket.

The once feared English lion is nothing more than a stray alley-cat trying to avoid the occasional Gemma or Nicola who uses its home to pull down her knickers, squat, and piss out that last 5 WKD's. I think we should rename it, "Grated Britain". When the parent is too old, sick and demented to even bathe properly, the kids need to take over.

I say we turn over sovereignty to the Americans, and petition for entry as the 51st state to restore dignity to this sh1thole island. Forget Soccer, at least our national team to play REAL Football could have a fresh start. Actually, fck that, let the Indians run us. They're the next hyperpower, and will doubtless take some smug satisfaction in nursing us, their former conquerors, by intravenously running some much needed non-alcoholic fluids through our pickled systems, and imbuing some nobility where we expected revenge.

Or better yet, commit suicide by de-EU, cut off all trade with the Continent until Pound is worth less than a Zimbabwe penny.

Rest in Pieces, Britain. You won't be missed.
    Meh.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We've bred a generation of over-regulated wimps whose only claim to manhood is a birth cert alleging entry into this world before Euro 96, and possession of ...
      Two Tour de France victories in two years, a few Ashes series until the Aussies kindly brought us back to reality last winter, a winning Lions tour, 29 Olympic gold medals and 36 silver/bronzes and the Wimbledon men's champion.

The problem lies with England's footballers, not with the rest of Britain's sportspeople. I can't comment on the footie players of the other UK nations; they seem to punch above their weight, sometimes.

I'm going to be very un-PC about this, but as I see it the problem with English/British football is a loser culture. Most of the gifted and best prepared young athletes in Britain go to private schools where they get a lot of sporting opportunities and eventually have to choose their sport (been there myself, was pretty useful at footie and rugby and had to choose between the two at 15). Plenty of them could be good footballers; the physical and neurological attributes required are not different to other ball games. They probably won't choose football because, firstly, they want to win and other sports give them a real chance of winning something big on the world stage (success breeds success), and secondly, nice middle class kids with nice middle class accents don't want to have their heads kicked in by Kev and Baz from the local sink estate as they walk home from the footie club. They'd rather go to the rugby, athletics, cricket, tennis or cycling club and be treated like human beings. So football might attract large numbers, but it doesn't attract enough of the best.

Add to that the fact that other international sports teams and sportspeople play meaningful, high pressure tournaments against the best teams in the world year in year out instead of pathetic friendlies or qualifying games against the part-timers from San Marino or the Faroe Islands.
      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 20 June 2014, 07:48.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Just curious, whoever suggested ending trade with Europe? Certainly not all those European countries which stand to lose tons of revenue for which they are desperate as it is, given their precarious fiscal situations.

Comment

What has the result of a football game got to do with the state of the nation? It might tell us something about the state of the football companies, but they're hardly powerhouses of the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            What has the result of a football game got to do with the state of the nation? It might tell us something about the state of the football companies, but they're hardly powerhouses of the economy.
            WHS, although I thought GB's football business was doing quite well? In purely business terms that is.

Comment

A tense 2-1 hardly evokes words like "demolished" and "crushed".
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                A tense 2-1 hardly evokes words like "demolished" and "crushed".
                I didn't find it very 'tense'. I sat in the hotel garden with a bottle of wine and then saw the footie on the news later. Quite relaxed really.

Comment

England have been unlucky so far, Uruguay should have had a man sent off and the second goal was a against the run of play. After Rooney scored England were looking like they could win it. I think Hodgson is a good manager and has set the team up well. I just wonder if he had brought some more experienced defenders (Terry, Cole) they would have not lost sloppy goals.

Comment

Demolished by the Argies little neighbour, no less (or should that be no 'more', ha!!!)

This is indicative of the gradual crumbling of this has-been superpower, like a faded actress pathetically binge-drinking every weekend to relive past glories when all bowed at her feet, and as if to get into the spirit, every weekend millions of her grand-daughters across this neither green nor pleasant land end up sprawled on concrete, vomiting, trying to wipe out the memories of awful childhoods, making collective English womanhood even uglier than its bloated face is already.

We've bred a generation of over-regulated wimps whose only claim to manhood is a birth cert alleging entry into this world before Euro 96, and possession of a cock (and judging by some of the crap that gets posted on this forum, I think a lot of 'men' are falling short of either/both). Nothing waiting except a packed tube carriage full of the other working stiffs competing in who can buy the blandest Berghaus jacket.

The once feared English lion is nothing more than a stray alley-cat trying to avoid the occasional Gemma or Nicola who uses its home to pull down her knickers, squat, and piss out that last 5 WKD's. I think we should rename it, "Grated Britain". When the parent is too old, sick and demented to even bathe properly, the kids need to take over.

I say we turn over sovereignty to the Americans, and petition for entry as the 51st state to restore dignity to this sh1thole island. Forget Soccer, at least our national team to play REAL Football could have a fresh start. Actually, fck that, let the Indians run us. They're the next hyperpower, and will doubtless take some smug satisfaction in nursing us, their former conquerors, by intravenously running some much needed non-alcoholic fluids through our pickled systems, and imbuing some nobility where we expected revenge.

Or better yet, commit suicide by de-EU, cut off all trade with the Continent until Pound is worth less than a Zimbabwe penny.

Rest in Pieces, Britain. You won't be missed.
                    I don't think you are falling short of crap, you seem to have an abundance. Not a bitter Spaniard are you?

U mad bro?

Comment

England vs South Africa, Junior World Championship final: live - Telegraph

Yep, generation of wimps. Sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X