• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM Gigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Good for you . But we only have your own (unbiased) word on this
    I guess I'll just have to live with that. Best of luck with your search.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      Any other IT PM's finding the market tough at the moment around London upwards? Been looking for a while now with leads coming in but no interviews which is unusual for me. I'm being very proactive, have revamped the CV, calling agents I've worked with in the past, dogging previous contacts (not literally) for leads, updating Linked in, chasing roles applied for on the job boards. I'm also studying to increase my qualifications (PMP, APM). Not sure I can do anything else..

Anyone else having the same problem?
      Talk about going off on tangents...

To answer original query, I would say (imho) that the London IT PM market always ticks over at a steady rate, ie there aren't really any peak or trough periods. There are always roles being advertised albeit mainly in banking, insurance, , public sector, services. I have never had a problem, for example my current role went from job ad-->apply-->interviews x 2-->offer within 3 days.

There are roles out there, just keep on applying and make sure your CV has usps that stand you out from the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        It isn't hearsay at all. It is an assumption. There is a lot of information around, and it seems very unlikely that there is no evidence. Therefore it is very likely that there is evidence.
        I've heard something along those lines before.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
        X