• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just beat Jury Service!! Yayyy!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    I see no value in a system that ALLOWS people as smart as myself to beat it.
    What is smart about lying to get out of something? You're on a par with benefits cheats.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I really just can't even........

reading between the lines what we seem to have is a lot of people who feel they are far to good to even consider doing something for the community.

lovely bunch of self centred spoilt little rich kids!
      That certainly appears to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        If it were a case of feeling one should, it wouldn't be mandatory with threats of imprisonment for declining.

I have no intention of ever doing it, whether I'm summoned or not.
        Really? How incredibly selfish.

You believe that people can only be motivated by threats of punishment. I am glad I don't have to live in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
          I see no value in a system that ALLOWS people as smart as myself to beat it.
          Why do you think you are smart? What clever thing have you done?

You just come across as a spoilt, self-centred individual. Even your username sends out a negative image.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

You just come across as a spoilt, self-centred individual. Even your username sends out a negative image.
            Yeah is it just me or does Gym Beast bring up images of some muscle bound freak (who missed leg day and so actually has legs like toothpicks) jacked up on 'roids, protein shakes etc with a tiny tiny d!ck.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

+1, The OP doesn't come across in the best light with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                +1, The OP doesn't come across in the best light with any thread.
                FTFY

Comment

A modest proposal

It's one thing to talk about Public Duty but the costs of taking time off for Jury Service can easily run into the tens of thousands of pounds - it's just not reasonable to expect someone to take that sort of a hit. The compensation offered for loss of earnings is desultory.

My proposal would be that anyone suffering loss of earnings for performing their "duty" should be able to withold tax until the money has been recovered (based on something like the average of the last two years' accounts).

Seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonko View Post
                    It's one thing to talk about Public Duty but the costs of taking time off for Jury Service can easily run into the tens of thousands of pounds - it's just not reasonable to expect someone to take that sort of a hit. The compensation offered for loss of earnings is desultory.

My proposal would be that anyone suffering loss of earnings for performing their "duty" should be able to withold tax until the money has been recovered (based on something like the average of the last two years' accounts).

Seems fair to me.
                    Well if you do not like the commitments you have to give to the UK feel free to feck off....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      I'm hoping not to get a fraud trial!
                      From an auditing angle I think one of those could be quite interesting, though there's the danger it could drag on and on.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X