• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you want to put that hose

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll
    Can you refuse "diversity training"?
    Only if you are from the Islamic persuasion.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

As a follow up to the previous post, I wonder, if any of them had been of a religious persuasion that see homosexuality as a 'sin', would it not be an infringement of their 'Human Rights' to force them to do this particular task? Would the managers then have to be sent on 'diversity training' to understand their personal beliefs...?

Obviously, as they are probably white, they will be punished anyway.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
        Oh dear! Prepare for a fireman strike soon and the green goddessess being dusted down.

That would now be 'Godesses of all colours, races, and religions, with full respect to all sexual persuasions' to give them their full title.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Non Colour-specific Deities you mean?
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Perfectly entitled not to have anything to do with whoever they like in private life, not professional. They are paid by all taxpayers including gays and can't pick and choose.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
              Non Colour-specific Deities you mean?
              Well, that leaves out sexuality, and of course, disability. We will have to make Ambulances longer in order to be able to display the politically correct version of 'protect and serve'.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

But

If pharmacists can refuse tio distribute contraceptive advice why can't firemen refuse to attend gay pride marches?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Has no one considered the possibility that Horny Hank and His Funky Firehose didn't want to go to the march in case he met one of his boyfriends and then had to explain to the missus why he was on local T.V. snogging a geezer ?
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I agree with Xoggoth. It is right these bigots are disciplined. Providing safety information to the public is part of the job and to refuse to do it because you don't like the people you are being asked to assist is misconduct at best.

Comment

LONDON (Reuters) - The Catholic Archbishop of Glasgow said on Friday he had given his backing to nine firefighters who were disciplined for refusing to hand out leaflets during a gay pride rally.

Strathclyde fire service said it had taken action against the firefighters who refused to give out "community fire safety advice" at the Pride Scotia festival in June.

"All nine will undergo a further intensive course of diversity training," the force said in a statement. "Their refusal was a fundamental breach of one of their core responsibilities."
                      However, Archbishop Mario Conti said he was concerned about what had happened and expressed solidarity with their actions, adding neither the officers' competency and commitment had not been questioned.

He said the officers had "legitimate concerns about being the subject of taunts and jokes, and in which, in come cases, their religious sensibilities were being grossly offended by people dressed as priests and nuns lampooning the church."

"The duty to obey one's conscience is a higher duty than that of obeying orders," Conti said.
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X