• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client says my memory is poor, and I'm too slow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    To be honest, you do sound a bit tulipe workwise. I struggle to care myself but always try to cover my back when there are actions allocated.
    Doesn't always work, I heard through a mate that when I worked with him, the boss's assessment of me was - great lad, gets on with everyone but does tend to do the bare minimum at best....
    Stunningly accurate assessment !
    Well done that man.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      I've been at my current client for 12 months, and working on a project under a new-to-the-company project manager for the past three. He told me today that I was working too slow, and that my memory was poor, such that he had to remind me of what had been discussed. He said if I didn't improve I'd be out.

I have to say this is the first direct attack on my working abilities for many years. That is not to say that I am not and was not as bad as he implies in recent contracts (my average contract length is around 9 months, which I think is quite a short period of time). It's just that clients normally end the contract rather than criticize the contractor, in my experience.
      He does have a point though - for some reason my work output is down, the project is rather dull and uninspiring, and my web usage at the client site is quite high.

Any thoughts on this?

I appreciate, though, that posting this in General means I'll be copping plenty of abuse. So bring it on

Do any of you know anything about the science of motivation, and whether you can take steps to improve it yourself? Or is it best to get out.

Thanks!
      one day at a time

Comment

Taking this for the first time has an immediate effect.
        Only consume occasionally !

Comment

Working...
        X