• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voting insanity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think he's talking about the sheer number of people standing, it's atypical.
    I think darmstadt hadn't twigged that anyone could be confused by that.

Could be worse:

The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I wonder how much thought went into choosing green as the colour of paper, as the least influential colour to peoples' voting...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I wonder how much thought went into choosing green as the colour of paper, as the least influential colour to peoples' voting...
        people's
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I think he's talking about the sheer number of people standing, it's atypical.
          Okay its a little bit more than normal but I have the same problem here with my local elections, there can be an inordinate amount of boxes in which to check. I remember the first time I could vote and they send a sample through the post and it was 4 pages long (pretty much like the photo in speling bee's post) but I still managed it fine and it was in a foreign language...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Okay its a little bit more than normal but I have the same problem here with my local elections, there can be an inordinate amount of boxes in which to check. I remember the first time I could vote and they send a sample through the post and it was 4 pages long (pretty much like the photo in speling bee's post) but I still managed it fine and it was in a foreign language...
            Literacy is great, isn't it?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

...it was 4 pages long (pretty much like the photo in speling bee's post) but I still managed it fine and it was in a foreign language...
              UKIP would solve that!

Bloody foreign countries, making British people vote in foreign languages!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                UKIP would solve that!

Bloody foreign countries, making British people vote in foreign languages!
                Vote UKIN!

George Frederic Watts

Comment

So because a highly educated IT contractor can manage it, it's not over-complicated?

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  people's
                  For certain? I I said "the people's" then the people is the subject but if I'm talking about people plural why not "peoples'"? Would it then be "Contractors' collective earnings" or "Contractor's collective earnings"?

Comment

So because a highly educated IT contractor can manage it, it's not over-complicated?

For certain? I I said "the people's" then the people is the subject but if I'm talking about people plural why not "peoples'"? Would it then be "Contractors' collective earnings" or "Contractor's collective earnings"?
                    Were you describing the voting of people, or the voting of peoples?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

You can have "a people", "the people" and "people". I'm talking about the latter so what's the rule?

It seems more complex than talking about sheep because "a people" is both singular and plural... but if we are talking about the rights of sheep (an important social issue) would it be sheep's rights or sheeps' rights?

Comment

Working...
                      X