• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal Meat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a good chunk of terrorists in the EU who are right wing nationalists
    I did actually say "after separatist attacks" but you are missing the main point. The IRA, Basques and Corsican separatists attack those they see as their oppressors, mainly in their own areas, for their own specific and completely separate reasons. Only Islamists are attacking people in very many countries of the world for the same ideological reason.

PS Your bracketing them as "right wing" does not make them of the same ideology. Those who want their own independent nation are not necessarily right wing in any other sense. Is Alex Salmond a right winger? Hardly.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 May 2014, 21:11.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I did actually say "after separatist attacks" but you are missing the main point. The IRA, Basques and Corsican separatists attack those they see as their oppressors, mainly in their own areas, for their own specific and completely separate reasons. Only Islamists are attacking people in very many countries of the world for the same ideological reason.
      No I mean fascists like Breivik and Copeland, not separatists.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Lil Elvis/spelling Bee are also correct to point out that there are attacks on Muslims in Burma, India etc (and China too) or US actions (I'm not in favour of drones either - kill too many innocent people and certainly no Bush fan) but there is simply not the scale of atrocities worldwide for a single cause that you can attribute to Islam - Nigeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Syria, Egypt, Somalia, CAR, Indonesia and Iraq are just the worst of them. In India and Burma the atrocities are hardly one way either.
        How do count the scale of the Afghan and Iraqi wars and related drone attacks. Could you count that for us?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          No I mean fascists like Breivik and Copeland, not separatists.
          DOn't forget the recent arrest of the nutters that wanted to blow up mosques.

BTW I rarely listen to the "we stopped this and that" from MI5/ Met Police. They have transformed into political organisations out to track each and everyone of us (because we are all guilty, they've just not caught us yet). And the way to convince law makers to legalise what they are doing, is put fear down their throats.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            DOn't forget the recent arrest of the nutters that wanted to blow up mosques.

BTW I rarely listen to the "we stopped this and that" from MI5/ Met Police. They have transformed into political organisations out to track each and everyone of us (because we are all guilty, they've just not caught us yet). And the way to convince law makers to legalise what they are doing, is put fear down their throats.
            And Cottage.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

And we should remember Christian Russia's actions in the Muslim South of the country.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                What a surprise posting...Come on, surely you can better that... How about the Afrikaans killed by the British in the Boer Wars?
                Fair point
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Once moderate Bangladesh, the reality we never hear about:

Another example of a "moderate" Islamic nation, Indonesia. From the BBC:

Closer to home, the majority of terrorist incidents in the EU, after separatist attacks, are from Islamists, Closer still, again from the BBC:
                  Yeah the good old BBC - purveyor of tulipe when it comes to balanced news abroad. The BBC is very good at sucking up the US and pissing all over everyone else. **** we get more news about the US than Europe here.

But, to get on with my point. The UK/USA government get very quiet when you just try and suggest they freeze the assets of Saudi Arabian princes. Many of these people fund the Salafist/Wahabi/Deobandi schools which all have a hard-line literal following on the Quran. And these schools often ignore the teachings of their prophet - except when it comes to killing people. Shut down Saudi and probably most of this would stop overnight.

Than poor countries like Pakistan & Bangladesh would not have to take their bribes - and could close down all the Deobandi schools in their countries. The Taleban would stop relying on Saudi money and go back to selling dope to the UK.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

How do count the scale of the Afghan and Iraqi wars and related drone attacks. Could you count that for us?
                    Pointing out problems with X does not somehow mean Y is not a problem. You won't get any defence of idiotic US/Western policies from me. They are responsible for much of the rise in Islamic extremism in my view. If Islamic extremists were targeting Western government organisations rather than innocent Christians/Sikhs or Hindus I would have some sympathy with them.

My point is not about the number of deaths, a million men have been killed in one battle, but the wide geographical distribution, the religiously dogmatic reasons behind it and the numbers of purely innocent people, not soldiers or combatants, who are affected. Are the US attacking people, including women and children, based purely on their religious beliefs, in many countries in the Middle east, The Far East, South Asia and Africa? Are US terrorists threatening innocent people in Europe, Russia and the US?

I don't think so. In these things, at the moment, Islam is quite unique.
                    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

But, to get on with my point. The UK/USA government get very quiet when you just try and suggest they freeze the assets of Saudi Arabian princes. Many of these people fund the Salafist/Wahabi/Deobandi schools which all have a hard-line literal following on the Quran. And these schools often ignore the teachings of their prophet - except when it comes to killing people. Shut down Saudi and probably most of this would stop overnight.

Than poor countries like Pakistan & Bangladesh would not have to take their bribes - and could close down all the Deobandi schools in their countries. The Taleban would stop relying on Saudi money and go back to selling dope to the UK.
                      I agree with you. SA is one of the worst problems. We do nothing because they have the oil.

Couple of items here point to the link between SA and rising Islamism in Bangladesh. So far the Bangladeshi government has resisted pressure for more Islamic laws and the country has made some real economic progress. If they do not hold out I would not see that lasting.

http://www.radianceweekly.com/252/70...-e-islami.html
                      http://commonwealth.sas.ac.uk/resear...ons-bangladesh
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 15 May 2014, 22:03.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X