• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets have a sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What, stealing metal of war memorials?

Na, we have not had much of that before.

Who said anything about stealing metal off war memorials? EO and oPM gave examples of immigrants doing enterprising stuff without nicking anythign; you now start on war memorials and theft.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Plus, English people steal lead from church roofs, copper wire, and anything you "left for them" (i.e. it was not nailed down) all the time.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
        140,000 Romanians and Bulgarians were in work in the UK in the three months after lifting of controls, down 4,000 on Q4 but up 28,000 on a year before

From Unemployment Rate Down to 6.8% - Guy Fawkes' blog
        Bloody immigrants. Not coming here. Not taking our jobs. Vote UKIP!
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

its coz they can't claim benefits apparently :

'The influx has not happened': Number of Romanians and Bulgarians with jobs in Britain FALLS after work curbs lifted | Mail Online

The number of Romanians and Bulgarians working in Britain fell after employment curbs were lifted in January, new figures showed today.

Ministers boasted that the predicted 'influx' had not happened, in part as a result of new rules limiting access to benefits for new arrivals.

In the first three months of 2014 there were 140,000 people born in the two countries working in the UK, down from 144,000 in the last quarter of 2013, but up from 112,000 at the start of last year.

personally I suspect its poor record keeping.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            personally I suspect its poor record keeping.
            Personally I think it's because all the really poor ones willing to come and pick strawberries for peanuts were already here.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

its still 25% up on last year. but being sold as a drop in numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                ...being sold as a drop in numbers.
                By the Daily Wail?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Personally I think it's because all the really poor ones willing to come and pick strawberries for peanuts were already here.
                  Personally I think its because the real figures won't actually be available until August 2014 (*) and then they won't be correct and a more informed figure will be available the year after. There is also the fact that these figures also take into account those that came at the end of last year but didn't start work until this year. Figures eh...

(* I have the official reason for this somewhere but can't currently be bothered as I'm writing a rather nice little program)
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    We had a van load of them down our street last week, looking for 'any old iron'

the last time i saw that it was a cart being pulled by an orse.

very enterprising folks, i thought
                    Quite a bit of this around where I am. I had an old bedframe in a rental house I was clearing. Could have taken it to the tip but I knew it was pikeydegradable and would vanish overnight. Strangely enough, the pile of bricks i also took out are still there a year later

The thing is, there wouldn't ever be a hint of 'do you want me to take this?' It's straight on the back of the wagon, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      By the Daily Wail?
                      James O'Brien - LBC.
                      The BBC
                      The Tories.

Its still 25,000 a year.

and its registered as working so excludes the 'informal economy' and benefits.

Comment

Working...
                      X