• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meat and two spluges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it's a DM link I assume it's all bollocks anyway, but FWIW, the supposed link between saturated fat consumption and heart disease has been thoroughly discredited within the last few months: The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease - WSJ.com

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      As it's a DM link I assume it's all bollocks anyway, but FWIW, the supposed link between saturated fat consumption and heart disease has been thoroughly discredited within the last few months: The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease - WSJ.com
      So another official taboo bites the dust. You'd think people would be more skeptical about these by now, especially the better-educated people who tend to take the most notice of scientific pronouncements and buy into an apparent consensus like a lot of brain-washed sheep.

How long before scientists generally admit, as some reputable scientists argue already, that smoking isn't as bad for most people as Governments and health nazis maintain?

True _some_ people may be vulnerable to tobacco smoke, just as some probably are to saturated fats, and some to vanilla ice cream come to that.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        In fact I am sure when I got my first mortgage (about 17 years ago..) I pretty much had to go through my monthly outgoing to see how much I could afford to repay....
        I remember having to do that for a £5K car loan. Never had a mortgage, but I just assumed it would be the same.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          That's a really good read.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Let them eat cake caviar.

<ZG in Marie Antoinette mode>
            FTFY
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X