• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm calling you recruiters out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
    Of course I do this. But the charade is tedious. I apologise to one and all, I just had to vent.
    Criticising agents is not the "shooting fish in the barrel" exercise it may seem on this site
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
      I strongly suspect recruiters will call strong candidates and say they are putting them forward for a role (and then not), just to reduce the competition for their preferred candidate.

The existing recruitment model works mainly in the favour of recruiters and I will be laughing uncontrollably when the sector is disrupted (which it will be).
      Why would a recruiter not put forward the "preferred candidate" as well as the "strong candidate".

The ideal candidate is neither preferred, nor strong, but one that bills!
      Better to have 2 good candidates, and get earning, from either, than play silly games, and reduce your chances.

Part of me is glad I don't have to put up with this ill-informed garbage, now that I am contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
        Why would a recruiter not put forward the "preferred candidate" as well as the "strong candidate".

The ideal candidate is neither preferred, nor strong, but one that bills!
        Better to have 2 good candidates, and get earning, from either, than play silly games, and reduce your chances.

Part of me is glad I don't have to put up with this ill-informed garbage, now that I am contracting.
        All of me wonders what drugs the op is currently on. I always think paranoia is one valid reason for not putting a person forward....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just use as many pimps as you want to get your next gig.

The only interest they have in you is making money and so you should repay them with same - e.g. the only interest you have in them is them getting you the next roll.

Do not give a flying toot about anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
            Simple - because companies often limit the number of candidates an agency can forward. An agency forwards their permitted two candidates and then scorches the earth around by telling candidates that they have already been sent across.

...or because the "strong candidate" wants a rate that doesn't give the margin the recruiter wants (which is of course perfectly fine), but the recruiter doesn't want the candidate getting submitted via another recruiter who will accept the margin.
            Last edited by wonderboy; 7 May 2014, 17:17.

Comment

Working...
            X