• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD
    ... oh, and cooked an entire curry from scratch including the mango chutney, onion and tomato salad, cucumber & mint dip, lamb madras, chicken kashmir, garlic nan and peshawari nan, bombay potatoes, caramelised rice and home made kulfi ice cream.

With a little M&C vintage champers...
    That curry sounds delicious hyperD. Any chance of a delivery to Xeno Towers?

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Good advice DaveB

Windemere/Bowness is the lake district equivalent of Southend on sea, or clacton (much more classy though).

If you want to see the REAL lake district (i.e. good scenery, no one around for miles) go to the west and the north west lakes - beautiful.

Keep it under your hat we dont want everyone going there ruining it

Comment

Saturday, beer and Bundesliga in the Alte Kanzlei, followed by a visit to the Kegelbahn where a schnapps is only €1.50. Then up to the Landgraf until 5 am.

Sunday, hungover.

No Bank Holiday Monday here, still hungover
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

South of France on Saturday, Paris on Sunday, home (Kent) on Monday and sleep!!!!
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            Try Keswick and Derwent Water. Much the same thing as Windermere but without the hoards of day trippers. If walking isnt a option with the nipper then the drive over to Buttermere via Honister Pass or via Stair is well worth it for the scenery.
            Have been there and the wife and I are pretty sure we're not going to Bowness anymore...stick to keswick and west bits from now on. Better and cheaper tea rooms in Keswick too. Settle and area is also great..though strictly for walking only...and the wife always wears heels.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
              That curry sounds delicious hyperD. Any chance of a delivery to Xeno Towers?

LOL! If this IT lark packs up then it might be my only way to earn a living!!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                ... oh, and cooked an entire curry from scratch including the mango chutney, onion and tomato salad, cucumber & mint dip, lamb madras, chicken kashmir, garlic nan and peshawari nan, bombay potatoes, caramelised rice and home made kulfi ice cream.

With a little M&C vintage champers...
                Mmmmmm... sounds delicious. Do you give a 10% discount if I come and collect?

Have you got a tandoor, hyperD?

Comment

I went to look at caravans.

Missus seems to think that will be fun

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy
                    I went to look at caravans.

Missus seems to think that will be fun

Did the away day to the vanning website give you a taste for it?

Comment

I think it must have.

Thank god we didn't have an away day at a swingers forum!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X