• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new personal best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We all know contractors bill their way through colds and flu that have the permies whimpering at home, and no doubt most of us have billed through far worse, but today I'm billing through a blood transfusion. For me at least this is a first.

Laptop connected to the hospital wifi and vpn into client co. Debugging someone elses code that doesn't work quite as per the instructions. I'm quite proud of myself.

I think todays billing is getting spunked on a treat.
    Really rather good, keep on invoicing...

Can't beat it although in my first job, as a permie, I came out of hospital having spent 6 months there and went straight to work the next day on crutches (shifts as well), in plaster up to my waist and stayed like that for a year.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Can't beat it although in my first job, as a permie, I came out of hospital having spent 6 months there and went straight to work the next day on crutches (shifts as well), in plaster up to my waist and stayed like that for a year.
      That's pretty good going. How did you end up like that?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Pathetic. A simple blood transfusion. I had a heart bipass last year and still managed to knock up a BRD and run a webex when asleep under anaesthetic
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Pathetic. A simple blood transfusion. I had a heart bipass last year and still managed to knock up a BRD and run a webex when asleep under anaesthetic
          I thought webex was an anesthetic. Most of the ones I've been on have roughly the same effect.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You have a heart?
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Pathetic. A simple blood transfusion. I had a personality bipass last year and still managed to knock up a BRD and run a webex when asleep under anaesthetic
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                You have a heart?
                It was more a ring road than a bypass.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  FTFY
                  He had a personality?
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Had a bit of a moan at the blood people today. Emails pleading for my armful, telling me how low the stock is, plus three calls today (ignored the first two, I was working). "Please make sure you donate in the next week". On finally speaking to them, the next session they can offer an appointment for is four months away. Last time I turned up without an appointment, they sent me away. They will "respond to my feedback" within 21 days...

Comment

Working...
                    X