• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new personal best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
    Clearly not. I hang my head in shame.

OTOH I put in 2 hours early this am, 3 in here and will do a bit more when I get home, so as I bill by the 1/4 day I still earned more than a permie today.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I once had one off the wrist in the toilets while being a contractor. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Clearly not. I hang my head in shame.

OTOH I put in 2 hours early this am, 3 in here and will do a bit more when I get home, so as I bill by the 1/4 day I still earned more than a permie today.

Put it like that....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I once had one off the wrist in the toilets while being a contractor. Does that count?
          Permies do that all the time. I'd say it was a pointer to being inside IR35.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Permies do that all the time. I'd say it was a pointer to being inside IR35.

Shhhh, HMRC will go and create a BET for that.

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            My guts were well bad and my ring piece must have been glowing like a jet engine.
            I wish I could have unread that.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

We all know contractors bill their way through colds and flu that have the permies whimpering at home, and no doubt most of us have billed through far worse, but today I'm billing through a blood transfusion. For me at least this is a first.

Laptop connected to the hospital wifi and vpn into client co. Debugging someone elses code that doesn't work quite as per the instructions. I'm quite proud of myself.

I think todays billing is getting spunked on a treat.
              The old man and MF do their twins service for hospital visits.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                The old man and MF do their twins service for hospital visits.
                That's not quite the treat I had in mind

Comment

That's not quite the treat I had in mind
                  You love it, you filthy little b1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Doing it while receiving chemo would earn more points.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well todays efforts have bought me another telescope, tube only, nothing too flash but it has a longer focal length for better views of the moon and planets and it's a different design that is free of CA so they will be clearer too. Should be a good buy considering these are practically the only things I can see from my garden.

I signed up for itelescope rental as well, that should assuage my desire to waste thousands trying to take astrophotos from my garden

Comment

Working...
                      X