• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosure Scotland Delays at who's coat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't spell your own name, there's not much hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      *checks this is General*

So you want payment for work you haven't done due to not meeting the requirements stipulated in the contract......
      No, it's third person 'a certain contractor'.

You don't think the OP means himself do you?

And what about the poor goat? Did it die in vain?

Comment

....and as timing would have it it's finally come through so dilemma over.

Comment

Originally posted by independancerocks View Post
          ....and as timing would have it it's finally come through so dilemma over.
          Originally posted by stek View Post
          No, it's third person 'a certain contractor'.

You don't think the OP means himself do you?

And what about the poor goat? Did it die in vain?

I think the first quote above shows that the third person was also the first person...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I think the first quote above shows that the third person was also the first person...
            And the goat?

Comment

And the goat?
              One that got confused and hopelessly lost....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And the goat?
                Slaughtered on an altar. That's what caused the DBS to be returned so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Slaughtered on an altar. That's what caused the DBS to be returned so quickly.
                  So there was no goat-sex charges on the DBS then?

Comment

However.....the point remains ( although this was obviously not clear in the original post) that the on boarding process required an extended four weeks wait. The draft contract was then supplied at 4pm on the Friday with agent requesting start the following Monday....and the contract stinks ( I.e. 1week notice for agent, four weeks for contractor). Is it just me or are agents ( especially the bigger ones) becoming more and more arrogant and unreasonable. Further clauses in said contract state suspension without pay for no specific reason.... It's this real?...and this is a major agent for a tier one corporate.
                    So the defense is always ' we have hundreds of contractors on this contract.....'.
                    So either there's a majority of eejits in contracting ( not my experience) or there's a lot of p*ss taking going on by dumb a**e agents ...but why? Because they want to avoid all risk and screw the contractor at all cost.
                    Is this basically the contractors lot now?
                    As for some of the comments about being paid for not providing details ( for the record)...everything was produced as requested within 48 hours. The follow up process ( four weeks of it) was agent/client side.
                    Hope that makes sense after a rather liquid Saturday night bbq!

Comment

When my security clearance took an age to come through, I started looking for another contract and told the agent so. They told the client, who really didn't want to start the whole process again, so escalated my approval. (I did some stuff from my side as well, through personal contacts in the organisation).

If you don't like your contract having uneven notice periods, then negotiate for change. Once you've actually been offered the contract, and all the paper work is going through, the agents will, in fact, move heaven and earth to keep you on, so long as you're reasonable. Of course their natural first response is to not want to change, but you have to push and not let them get your goat.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X