• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It breaks my heart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    My kids get to go there once a quarter or less.
    Just waiting on that next dividend, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      OMG
      They have probably poisoned less people in the UK over the last couple of years that the Fat Duck Restaurant has.

Comment

There's only one problem with McDonalds in Germany now...they're recently stopped doing beer! Actually they're changing more and more of their outlets in McCafes over here (possibly not in Bavaria as they're all fat pig ******* pig eating ****ers down there)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As far as I can tell McDonnalds is decent quality food. I'm aware of anything that is particularly harmful about it.

Comment

I think I've been to Macdonalds three maybe four times in the past 15 years. I'm sure two of those visits were to use the loo.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
              Are you sure that you didn't mean to post this on mumsnet?

Sheesh, the occasional McDs isn't going to do any harm at all to anyone.
              I've seen mumsnet, they're talking about bedside beakers for cleaning after you know what. Weird stuff.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                As far as I can tell McDonnalds is decent quality food. I'm aware of anything that is particularly harmful about it.
                Calories in 1 Big Mac (214g): 490.8kcal, yet people still feel hungry after eating one. So why bother?

Thank you Jamie.

Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for human consumption”

Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for human consumption”

944757_622205944476291_2132848075_n (1)

Hamburger chef Jamie Oliver has won his long-fought battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world – McDonalds. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise finally announced that it will change its recipe, and yet there was barely a peep about this in the mainstream, corporate media.

Oliver repeatedly explained to the public, over several years – in documentaries, television shows and interviews – that the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption. According to the chef and hamburger enthusiast, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry, “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver famously coined this the “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” Oliver asked.

In one of his colorful demonstrations, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

In reply to all of the bad press this process has received from Oliver, the company Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager for McDonalds in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in their region. The same, it should be noted, applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, however, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

Most disturbing of all is the horrifying fact that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the “component in a production procedure” by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald’s, the company claims that their meat is cheap because, while serving many people every day, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products. But if “pink slime” was really the “best quality” that McDonalds can muster in the US, then why were they able do better in Latin America and Europe? More to the point, why can they apparently do better now in the United States?

These questions remains unanswered by the franchise which has denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver’s campaign. On the site, McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

Comment

I think I've been to Macdonalds three maybe four times in the past 15 years. I'm sure two of those visits were to use the loo.
                  Then you're as well informed as the rest of us...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Calories in 1 Big Mac (214g): 490.8kcal, yet people still feel hungry after eating one. So why bother?

Thank you Jamie.

But thats in the UK, I think you'll find in Germany, and I presume thats where you were, that things are a little bit different. When they first came to Germany they outsourced the production of everything and had a problem with the rolls...they were too good! There was a recent article in one of the better food magazines about the different fast foods that are available and they actually came out quite well. Now do you eat Doners here because if you do then you should be worried!
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Then you're as well informed as the rest of us...
                      Kitten, when my stomach rebels people in my postcode evacuate. But only when I visit Macdonald's.

Comment

Working...
                      X