• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cornish granted minority status in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I hope you didn't mean pasties, because they are not a snack.

Yum.
    They are for some people.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Wouldn't that breach the EU protected origin legislation as applied to Cornish pasties? It must have been a "Cornish style" pasty.
      they mucked up the paperwork in 2009

Row breaks out after Devon firm wins prize for best Cornish pasty - Telegraph

They got protected status in 2011

Frequently Asked Questions – Cornish Pasty Association
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Does that mean we can now pick on them?
        No, cos I am one of them me lover

Comment

I hope you didn't mean pasties, because they are not a snack.
          They are to me. It would take 2 or 3 of them to make a meal. Unless they were huuuuuuuuuuge ones.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I made empanadas last week. Soooooooooooo much better than pasties...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              They are for some people.
              Considering a pasty was a full day's meal for a tin miner, doing an incredibly physically demanding job, they really shouldn't be!

Has anyone ever had a traditional main + dessert pasty like they used to have in the mining days (you'd have fruit in one end with a little pastry divider)? I never saw anywhere selling them.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Considering a pasty was a full day's meal for a tin miner, doing an incredibly physically demanding job, they really shouldn't be!

Has anyone ever had a traditional main + dessert pasty like they used to have in the mining days (you'd have fruit in one end with a little pastry divider)? I never saw anywhere selling them.
                No, but I have made them with sweet and savoury fillings. Trouble is, you have one, and all that pastry fills you up, so the second becomes a touch harder to get down.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  And fatties and cretins.
                  But not Munters

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyLevels View Post
                    Probably, in all seriousness, means they'll be getting a regional assembly, which they've been hankering after for years.

They're possibly more insular than even the most remote Welshman. Quite odd really, but I do love it down there.
                    Odd that in order to retain sovereignty you have to be a group of less than a certain number, and no less than too few.

Surely I should be granted minority status - there's only one of me!

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                      Surely I should be granted minority status - there's only one of me!
                      No there are plenty of cretins around.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X