• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's grim oop north

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Artificial counties that mostly don't even have an administrative purpose any more. The Mersey is the boundary between Lancashire and Cheshire, the Duddon is the border with Cumberland, Windermere the border with Westmorland.
    Thanks that was very interesting, though I've lost all interest in living now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      What are they meant to retire from? Lying on the street in an alcoholic stupour, shouting at someone in an effort to start a fight, with the words obscured by the deep-fried pizza shoved in their gob, outside the dole office?

I think I covered all of the bases there, let me know if I missed one.
      Everyone loved Hemmingway when lived like that.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        Dude. I live in Lancashire.
        Nobody in Lancs says "Dude".

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Cheshire and south Manchester are pretty swanky, as are Harrogate and some areas of York. Beyond that...

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

I'm a transplant.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Nobody but a total twunt says "Dude"!

Comment

And Holly from Red Dwarf.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Well it is damn wet and miserable in the NW. No surprise people are unhealthy when it rains sideways 150days a year and its tulipe the rest of the time.
                  Well f**k going up there then.

I've never been to Manchester in all my 40 years and nothing I read about it makes me feel that that is a statistic about my life that is ever likely to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
                    Well f**k going up there then.

I've never been to Manchester in all my 40 years and nothing I read about it makes me feel that that is a statistic about my life that is ever likely to change.
                    I don't understand Manchester either. Been a few times, mostly to use the airport. But goodness chav central.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I don't understand Manchester either. Been a few times, mostly to use the airport. But goodness chav central.
                      A mate of mine went up to Old Trafford recently to see a match. He parked in a street not too far from the ground and said he was immediately surrounded by scruffy teen scallies in tracksuits wanting protection money.

He parks in the street near the Emirates most weeks and never a single problem.

Who'd want to go somewhere like that?

Comment

Working...
                      X