• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Central London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No. The Threat rate is €210
    My partner, having studied German at uni as linguist and worked in Germany for two years can't get out of the habit of doing say 110€ or even 8.50£ - annoys the fook out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      My partner, having studied German at uni as linguist and worked in Germany for two years can't get out of the habit of doing say 110€ or even 8.50£ - annoys the fook out of me!
      Ja. See that a lot. The other one that winds me up.

€1,00 instead of €1.00.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ja. See that a lot. The other one that winds me up.

€1,00 instead of €1.00.
        And when she came back to UK she's all - Oh, is that Five and Thirty Pounds? - for like £35 quid....

Comment

And when she came back to UK she's all - Oh, is that Five and Thirty Pounds? - for like £35 quid....
          Is what 35 quid?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Is what 35 quid?
            Probably a frock...

Comment

Most notably on my return trips to the uk; I'm the worst pedestrian. Forever looking the wrong way when crossing the road. How I've not been knocked down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Most notably on my return trips to the uk; I'm the worst pedestrian. Forever looking the wrong way when crossing the road. How I've not been knocked down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Oddly enough, I lived in rural Dumfries and Galloway for a few years, then had to go back to Central Manchester for some reason and I couldn't cross the road, really! Even with the Zebra I was shiiit scared, eyes darting left and right, getting it wrong, timing out, too much traffic compared to Moniaive.....

Also I find German kerbs too high, knackered my ankle many times in Hamburg when the missus worked there. To be honest she was pushing me....

Comment

Oddly enough, I lived in rural Dumfries and Galloway for a few years, then had to go back to Central Manchester for some reason and I couldn't cross the road, really! Even with the Zebra I was shiiit scared, eyes darting left and right, getting it wrong, timing out, too much traffic compared to Moniaive.....

Also I find German kerbs too high, knackered my ankle many times in Hamburg when the missus worked there. To be honest she was pushing me....
                  You have a zebra?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    You have a zebra?
                    You would think that traffic would stop for a bloke with a Zebra in Manchester, not a herbivore you see every day going down Deansgate.

Comment

Working...
                    X