• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in Central London"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    You have a zebra?
    You would think that traffic would stop for a bloke with a Zebra in Manchester, not a herbivore you see every day going down Deansgate.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Oddly enough, I lived in rural Dumfries and Galloway for a few years, then had to go back to Central Manchester for some reason and I couldn't cross the road, really! Even with the Zebra I was shiiit scared, eyes darting left and right, getting it wrong, timing out, too much traffic compared to Moniaive.....

Also I find German kerbs too high, knackered my ankle many times in Hamburg when the missus worked there. To be honest she was pushing me....
    You have a zebra?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Most notably on my return trips to the uk; I'm the worst pedestrian. Forever looking the wrong way when crossing the road. How I've not been knocked down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oddly enough, I lived in rural Dumfries and Galloway for a few years, then had to go back to Central Manchester for some reason and I couldn't cross the road, really! Even with the Zebra I was shiiit scared, eyes darting left and right, getting it wrong, timing out, too much traffic compared to Moniaive.....

Also I find German kerbs too high, knackered my ankle many times in Hamburg when the missus worked there. To be honest she was pushing me....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Most notably on my return trips to the uk; I'm the worst pedestrian. Forever looking the wrong way when crossing the road. How I've not been knocked down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Is what 35 quid?
    Probably a frock...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    And when she came back to UK she's all - Oh, is that Five and Thirty Pounds? - for like £35 quid....
    Is what 35 quid?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Ja. See that a lot. The other one that winds me up.

€1,00 instead of €1.00.
    And when she came back to UK she's all - Oh, is that Five and Thirty Pounds? - for like £35 quid....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    My partner, having studied German at uni as linguist and worked in Germany for two years can't get out of the habit of doing say 110€ or even 8.50£ - annoys the fook out of me!
    Ja. See that a lot. The other one that winds me up.

€1,00 instead of €1.00.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    No. The Threat rate is €210
    My partner, having studied German at uni as linguist and worked in Germany for two years can't get out of the habit of doing say 110€ or even 8.50£ - annoys the fook out of me!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    No. The Threat rate is €210

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Can we keep him?
    Yeah, let's spoil ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by Indy View Post
    I am currently working in Scotland and the day rate in comparison to London quite large!
    As are the house prices.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Indy View Post
    That's more like what I was thinking but it is always good to get clarity. Thanks
    Can we keep him?

Leave a comment:

• Indy
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    FTFY
    That's more like what I was thinking but it is always good to get clarity. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    I've a client in central London who is charged €80p/h.

That rate goes to €110 if I threaten to visit them.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X