• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone seen my basin wrench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Not sure why you would need a basin wrench to work on a toilet but I have one to lend if you want me to pop it around

Way back in the early days of home ownership I foolishly bought one of these

Total and utter waste of time and money
    +1

Comment

It's a close coupled toilet, with the cold water pipe buried in a recess moulded into the cistern. In a gap behind the bowl, with the hands of a vetinary surgeon you can just feel about 6-8 inches up is a micro bore coupling. The basin wrench seemed like a sensible choice as you would have fook all chance of getting a spanner up there.

Since then I have had to remove an olive from said micro bore pipe, without the aid of my trusty olive cutter as that is for 15mm pipes upward. Advice on tinternet was cut it off with a junior hacksaw. I opted to heat it up with a blow torch, and then persuade it off with an adjustable spanner, slid at pace along the pipe, taking the nut with it on it's journey and then making it's bid for freedom with said olive. Rather proud of that piece of ingenuity.

Now I have located the basin wrench, but one of the nuts that holds the cistern and pan together has now grown legs and off fooked so it's all for nothing anyways.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Oh dear !! Time to call in the plumber ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Oh dear !! Time to call in the plumber ?
          Proper lost it. Not sure what utter **** plumbed this in but I for one would like to kick him in the testicles.

All done except the valve I bought don't fit.

Cannot be arsed any more. Will finish off tomorrow. tulip in the garden for all I care.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Proper lost it. Not sure what utter **** plumbed this in but I for one would like to kick him in the testicles.

All done except the valve I bought don't fit.

Cannot be arsed any more. Will finish off tomorrow. tulip in the garden for all I care.
            You only have one LOO?? INKSPE.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              You only have one LOO?? INKSPE.
              Luckily there's a plentiful supply of nappies.

Comment

If she is not back in the next hour I would phone the police.

Comment

Has anyone seen my basin wrench?
                  No but I've seen your Swiss roll.

Comment

There's your basin. And don't call me wrench.

Comment

What is this wrench thing? Is this something one's butler deals with?

Maybe the is like Toy Story. When not looking the toys come alive and move things round.

And I believe in the Easter Bunny. Boing boing.

Comment

Working...
                      X