• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Severely pee'd off an Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I think it is right to feel a little sympathy with agents who have genuinely tried to get you into a role. Their work does help many of us, so I am disinclined to bite the hand that feeds us.
    But that should not affect our decision to take the role with the best rate, regardless of this.

Clearly NCOTBAC
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I had an agent flip out at me a few years ago, I was about to go for an interview with his client and another company offered me my dream job so I took it.

Sent the agent an email and got a call back asking whether I thought I was being professional etc. He kept telling me that software was a very small, close knit community and once you get a bad name it is very hard to get another job. I was young and a bit naïve and was caught quite off guard. He demanded that I sent the client and himself an apology email, I did and explained what had happened and that no offence was meant etc.

I mentioned it to one of the guys I worked with who was a contractor (I was still a permie then), he laughed his arse off and told me to forget about it as nothing would come of it. The agent had probably already spent the commission he was expecting and was just annoyed etc. He was right, it has never been mentioned by anyone ever again.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Well we moan like stink and get very angry at agents so can't begrudge them for getting pissed of at us in some situations. I am surprised the OP hasn't had a lot more experience of pissed off agents to be honest. What goes around comes around sometimes. That's life and everyone gets over it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Well we moan like stink and get very angry at agents so can't begrudge them for getting pissed of at us in some situations. I am surprised the OP hasn't had a lot more experience of pissed off agents to be honest. What goes around comes around sometimes. That's life and everyone gets over it.
          Indeed - I also differentiate between agents who only call you about genuine roles and those that continuously waste your time. This agent was of the former type so I did have some sympathy for him. Also have had a gig with him a long while ago, so I know he has some decent connections in the market.

Usually the agents do get pissed off but it's more of "I'd do the same but hate you right now" pissed off!

Comment

Are you still banging on about this? I'm sure your agent couldn't give two figs.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Are you still banging on about this? I'm sure your agent couldn't give two figs.
              Still banging on about what? I just started the thread today... It's no big deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Still banging on about what? I just started the thread today... It's no big deal really.
                OK good. Run along.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Day 2 of current gig, Day -4 of the next gig
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

OK good. Run along.

Oooh 'ark at her. But tetchy for the forum gimp don't you think?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Clearly NCOTBAC
                      I wish I knew what that (presumably) term of abuse stood for

Comment

Working...
                      X