• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Severely pee'd off an Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I wish I knew what that (presumably) term of abuse stood for
    If you don't know then you're clearly NCOTPOTF.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Oooh 'ark at her. But tetchy for the forum gimp don't you think?
      I was told I'd become "a monster" last night by another CUKer.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        MF saw you in your shreddies?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Its reasonably easy to get an agent narked, just start a thread here along the line of praising the EU, or global warming or the joy of lefty liberalism and I'm sure one will pop up...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This is part of the reason they ask the "are you interviewing anywhere else", "if offered, would you take it" type questions.

They don't want to waste their time and their clients which is fair enough to be honest.

What they shouldn't do is get angry about it and berate you.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              They meant that you had put on a couple of stone since they last saw you, not that you had fundamentally changed personality you muppet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                This is the business we're in Mikey
                Yep. And it's not personal, it's strictly business.

Pimps know that.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

**** them. Always find it unreasonable for an agent to expect that you're sitting there, applying for one gig at a time, looking out the window praying for them to call you back with your dream gig. Reality is everyone applies for loads of stuff. If two come good then good on you because you get to pick and choose.

Only been in situation once like this. But I phoned the agent and explained I had two offers and was not taking his clients offer. Compare with agent who has two candidates going for interview. Half of them don't even bother telling the unsuccessful one that they didnt get the gig.

Whats the difference? Do contractors ring up the agency and tell them they're never working in this town again because the client chose someone else? Cant have it all ways.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X