• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War Horse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just watched it. Wish I hadn't bothered. Tedious...

Why was it so popular?
    Seems a big hit with the horsey community around here. I never bothered watching it myself, it sounds dreadful.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Seems a big hit with the horsey community around here. I never bothered watching it myself, it sounds dreadful.
      Perhaps it's that the horsey community see a companion and friend, whereas I see it as potential food. Personally, I'd have shot it.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Perhaps it's that the horsey community see a companion and friend, whereas I see it as potential food. Personally, I'd have shot it.

Bloody right. Potential food and a potential threat if it gets close, vastly over rated creatures imho. I know several people who own their own horses and they seem to be as much work and expense as children, two of those people have had their backs broken when coming off their horse badly.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Bloody right. Potential food and a potential threat if it gets close, vastly over rated creatures imho. I know several people who own their own horses and they seem to be as much work and expense as children, two of those people have had their backs broken when coming off their horse badly.
          I used to ride before having a bit of a scary accident (fell off a spirited ex-race horse but had my foot stuck in the stirrup so go dragged for a while with a risk of trampling - my back was raw for weeks).
          Anyway one of my favourite memories is galloping over the South Downs with a beautiful sunrise coming up - nothing more exhilarating in the world.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            An inneresting fact: my virtual FIL was an extra in it. Some of it was filmed in Castle Combe near Chipp'num, you see.

He told me that Wenedicct Clumberbatch was shocking at knowing his lines. Ii havent seen it yet,, have only fast forwarded tgrough it to see FIL.
            Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Are you on crack?
            On an iPad I'd wager.

Rubbish for typing on, for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              On an iPad I'd wager.
              Nope, just a poor sockie, trying to be amusing with theiir ammujuusin typing styleee.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I used to ride before having a bit of a scary accident (fell off a spirited ex-race horse but had my foot stuck in the stirrup so go dragged for a while with a risk of trampling - my back was raw for weeks).
                Anyway one of my favourite memories is galloping over the South Downs with a beautiful sunrise coming up - nothing more exhilarating in the world.
                I can't imagine a big girl's blouse like you on a horse

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                  Cretin.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

He wasn't on it for long, if that helps.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I can. An image of a sack of potatoes dominates...

(At least, that's how it was for me... )
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X